Dine With a Vampire - Reviews

Alt title: Bakjwiwa Siksa

Dine With a Vampire
Cupidsbow22's avatar
Apr 11, 2021

The story itself was really unique and interesting but after awhile it slowly kinda starts losing purpose the author tries to put cliffhangers and events in their but it's only enough to keep me reading it and even though I haven't finished reading I know exactly how it's gonna end

KSyl's avatar
Jan 22, 2021

The story started kinda.. unexpected to.. more unexpected :// ok, so.. our MC has a really abusive relationship with his friend, and he was really desperate to break it off and then he met with a vampire. You see where it's going? Pretty common eh? But! Hear me out bro.. the story will be more complicated as you read it more... and i rlly love the backstory of the villain, so pls at least read it till u reach there and i hope it'll be even more complicated 😌. I wrote this review when i reached chapter 36, and there are still some unexplained things...

As for the characters.. the main characters are not really charming for me.. i like the villain more, but he's.. someone who doesn't deserve to be called human. I want to smack him >:(. And the art isn't really charming either, but pretty decent tho.

But there're ofc some points that made me "ugh?" :

- the cover.. u know, the cover showed us a spoiler, and it'll be better if they changed the cover :/

- some scenes ugh.. like when (spoiler alert) they did it in front of the "dead" villain.. why did they do that!? Ugh..

So.. should you read this? The story, characters, and art are not that good, but it should be pretty decent. But, pls be mindful where you read this since it's pretty nsfw.

YaoiGodAbove20's avatar
Apr 18, 2021

Welp things escalated pretty quick when all it takes is for a drop of Sooin's blood to turn Hwan the vampire into a thirsty bloodhound who calls an inferior human (no offense Sooin) "master" and takes his orders like an obedient pet dog. There's a hell lot of sex, and y'know Hwan will come to love Sooin at some point which means their attraction magically develops during those sex sesh, pretty fucking incredible right.

RememberUS's avatar
Sep 2, 2021

NO SPOILER - Honestly, I don't think this manga was as bad as it first appeared. The action happens quickly and hastily for the first few chapters, but later you start to understand the whole situation. It is true that the relationship between the two main characters was not healthy and there were many things that could have been done differently. Still, I think the manga is nicely drawn, well thought out, and certainly not a waste of your time. However, if you have a weak stomach and hate to see violence, blood and abuse, don't even try reading this.

Manga is very nicely drawn. I'd just say the characters disappointed me a little bit. They were not as distinctive as I expected.

PS. That male with long hair (forgot his name, sorry...) reminds me of Loki from "Thor". He's also so creepy and envious that he can get away from any situation.

8.5/10 story
ADOS1975's avatar
Dec 19, 2020

It's basically a Cinderella-esque tale of the mistreated damsel being rescued by the handsome prince but with a few interesting twists thrown in that keep the story interesting and intriguing.  The rejected, maltreated Sooin is liberated from his abuser, Sungha, by the tall, pale and handsome, suave and sophisticated...and rich... Chi-Hwan whom he then wisks away to his castle penthouse to live happily ever after... that is, until demons from both their pasts begin to resurface.  As you can probably deduce, this manhwa reads more like a very graphic Gothic fairytale than your standard Slice-Of-Life, Yaoi, Romance manhwa. The art, however, is where Dine With A Vampire makes up for any other shortcomings.  In a word (or two) the art is breathtakingly beautiful!  The illustrator utilizes thin, light contour lines and a palette of soft, warm, muted pastel hues to achieve a high level of plasticity.  Through the illustrator's technique, we can feel Sooin's humanity through the use of the warm siennas and pinks within his flesh tones as opposed to the use of the cooler, chalkier whites, grays and violets of Chi-Hwan to express his vampirism and lack of humanity.  I won't say more beyond this as it would disclose far too many spoilers for those not yet engrossed in the story but, if you are a fan of vampires, yaoi, "damsels in distress", "handsome princes", tall, lean, attractive hunks and graphic depictions of sexual activities, I think you will find this manhwa more than enjoyable.