Depths of Malice - Reviews

Depths of Malice
spicyhotcheetos's avatar
Jan 19, 2023

(Slight Spoilers) I loved the beginning of this story but after she put her fiancé in jail, I just couldn't continue and dropped it. I just can't find any of the characters likable, especially the FL. She completely lacked remorse and showed zero empathy towards others, especially towards sexual assault victims, people with suicidal ideation and suicidal people. This manwha also has a very bad case of "Woman can't be friends". Literally every female character she meets she has some sort of beef with. I actually dropped it because of that. She just randomly started insulting a girl who honestly, did nothing, in her internal monologue which just made me cringe. I think a lot of people could enjoy this manwha especially in the beginning, but it's just not for me.

5.5/10 overall
shakbait123's avatar
Jun 15, 2022

Y'all this story is DARK. It's darker than every single other villainess story I have read- and I have read ALOT. Pls proceed with caution. It is so slay though i do recommend. Also, be prepared to really just see terrible men one after another. There is no breaks and there is no solace. The men in this story deserve the worst things in life. MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR R*PE

MinKwonKwon's avatar
Jul 17, 2022

The main female is how do I so absolutely unlikable. The male character are written in a way that you just don't like it. Which shows that they are a part of this new age media that can't write dynamic characters. Rule if thumb. If you can't write a female character that looks good with out trashing the males they aren't strong. I know the story is only 40 chapters in  (well translated I found) but the entire time I can't help but think "wow the the female lead is absolutely insufferable." One moment she is condemning the original person for how she treated the body the next she is flinging herself down the steps. She befriend other femaled to use them, not just in a way that mutually beneficial but in self interest.

She uses the self loathing for her past life as a way to justify an ends to her means. She use a very shallow level of empathy. Honestly I can't understand how anyone can like her. I have read many revenge stories but at least those have people who are actually dynamic and worthy of being the female leads foe. I can't respect anyone who doesn't care about people and thinks everyone is a stepping stone if committing certain acts is all it takes to make a person a the "bad guy" then I'm sorry. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a Villainess story and their was someone to root for but legit. I honestly in a story where no one is a good guy, do I really have to pick the female who is Going to become the thing she hates just to have someone to root for.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Feb 12, 2022

Honestly this girl is such a badass for trying to take down her sick fiancée who made his bodyguard in attempting to rape her. This is a pretty darn good of a smut revenge isekai if I do say myself!

7.9/10 overall
BLACKMAGIC22's avatar
Jul 18, 2023

This Manga!!!! is unbelievable. The characters are so flat, the main character doesn't achieve much useless she flaunts her body. She is not empathetic at all. I just find it difficult to understand why she kept disrespecting the former owner of the body continuously.

Don't get me started on the men in that comic, so outrageous.

But then beautiful art wasted on such a plot

4.6/10 overall