Demon's Sweetheart - Reviews

Alt title: Emo De Chong Qi

Demon's Sweetheart
Korihuyori's avatar
Jun 28, 2020

i  think oone would ask me what was i expecting from this.  Nothing much , honestly. Yet i am  stll VERY displeaased about  every single thing. The characters were pathologically banal and extreme in their traits ... every single ONE of them. the "cnderella" clihe is also givingwron ideas to younger females to bear SW's abuse towards you (this is not an only manhwa with such an unhealthy message) . Also the obsurdity of the plot.... not the supernatural aspect but the flow ... everything just builds up into bs . I mean if youre a fan of the genre "overprotective superpoverfull and posessive duchebag tormenting an "ordinary" girl " this is a perfect fit . Although. .. it's not even the best one within the genre

4.5/10 overall
ShreyaReadsALot's avatar
Apr 13, 2022

I hate it! This is definitely not a story for faint hearted ppl. The ML (actually he's more of a villain) is so toxic! He:s supposed to be her guardian after her family passed away, but he hits FL, molests her, restricts her freedom and tries to subdue her by controlling her education and thinking (like, FL doesn't even know what sex is cause of him). Plus, he has really toxic ideas of chastity and innocence in women.

I hate him so much. He's absolutely disgusting. Trash.🤢🤮

I kept hoping the FL would escape, but I've read so many chapter and I don't think she will. This was just too traumatic. Especially since this stuff actually happens to women in real life.

I haven't gotten to the end yet, but from what I read I think the ML and FL will end up together. And a lot of ppl were like, he's stoping her from devolving a business mind because he wants her to be a proper lady, and that's why it's okay for him to control her. And that he's doing this for her own good.

Just how do people romanticize this shit? Do you even know what it's like to be in abusive relationship? How can you ship this after seeing what's he doing to her? Are you crazy?

I think this story romantizied abuse and sexism. Unless your into that, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.