Daughter of the Emperor - Reviews

Alt title: Hwangjeui Oedongttal

Daughter of the Emperor
AllyyKat's avatar
Feb 4, 2020

So far i've read all the chapters currently available in english. (174 at the moment) The story started off well and i enjoyed the characters. It was nice watching the relationship develop between the father and daughter and there is some decent world building. Also the art isn't that bad and I really like seeing the cute outfits everyone wears. Now... the negatives... there are a lot. It takes over a hundred-fifty chapters for the girl to grow up and the story becomes SO repetative. Random plot lines will show up and then disapear faster than my highschool boyfriend. You could honestly skip half the chapters and still maintain the plot line. Almost two-hundred chapters and she remains in the same location with the same people! The only reason I'm still reading is because, a few chapters ago, the story actually began to develop again. While I enjoyed the main character as a child, the adult version is SO annoying. She is a pushover and an idiot. Also she apears to be developed by a man who has never talked to a female. No human spends hours in front of the mirrior gushing about how atractive she is, nor does it add to the story. Read it if you like, but not worth the money in my opinion.

Tuleenaluvesanime's avatar
Jan 4, 2019

I really love the story and the development between the father and daughter and how it progresses but after a 100 chapters I'm getting bored of her environment, I want her to go out and explore the world she lives in like for example getting sent to a boarding school as cliche as it sounds or travel and discover another country and spice things up a little! The new season is coming out on february so I hope the author adds other locations otherwise I really love it!

YukinaZero's avatar
Nov 23, 2019

It makes me sad that I have to be writing this review but it's something that I wanted to do so I could have some closure with this manga. I honestly thought this had a lot of potential in the beginning and I still think I am right in that regard, maybe that's why I stuck with this for so long but enough is enough. The author of this manga does not how to write a story. That's it. No scathing review on my raging disappointment or anything else. The pacing in the manga is very unorganized. The characters were interesting at first but eventually fell flat. And the plot is non-existent. The basic requirements of how to write a story: plot, character and, development. If you don't have 2 out the 3 basics do you even have any hope of succeeding at all?

If you were really interested in this manga or the idea at least I recommend you read.     "Who Made Me A Princess" it's everything and more that this this manga cloud have and should have been.

6.9/10 art
Lilithabeth's avatar
Aug 13, 2019

So it started fine, but as the story progresses the artist get lost, and the storyline is full but FULL of meaningless storylines and since the chapters are short you will need to endure it for a couple of chapters, then the author realises that he spend way to much chapters in the princess childhood and in less than 20 chapter we move forward from a 10 years old to a 18 years old princess.

The story just gets boring, you don't see progress at all and when the author tries it is just a huge mess, even the princess character is annoying, boring, bland and useless, she just lives to be her father's tamer and being somehow able to help everyone.

In the middle the story just became boring and repetitive, and I dropped it in ch 143 because I just can stop reading once I start something, but I just can digest the story anymore.

There are a lot better mangas out there don't waste your time in this one.

YearlyRune's avatar
May 10, 2019

Story:Simple but entertaining and made me chuckle a few times.

Art:not Breathtaking but has alot of charm most manga lack.

Characters:almost all the Characters try to redeem them self or people try to help them with their self pity and it sweet in my heart.

It's simply nice and sweet.

i never review anything. so please go easy on me >-<

7.5/10 art