Chronicles of Heavenly Demon - Reviews

Alt title: Sinma-gyeongcheongi

Chronicles of Heavenly Demon
Ellengyk's avatar
Jun 14, 2020

I am adding my own opinions because I believe this manga has yet to be given enough justice. A shout out of thanks to the authors before I start.

Anyway, yes it is one of the many manga where MC is reincarnated for the sole purpose of revenge. And no, this is not like the other martial arts manga. It is unique in its own way.

Compared to how the other martial arts manga have the MC competing in sects and families, this is slightly different as the MC is actually revives to find himself in a demonic cult yes, but in a special training camp.

I have to urge you(whoever is reading this), to give this manga a try.

I can't guarantee that you'll love it but I can guarantee that it'll be worth the try. If not, we all have different tastes, who can judge?

Peace out.....

thor123's avatar
Jan 12, 2020

Chronicles of Heavenly Demon is one of many martial arts stories where the MC gets reincarnated for the sole purpose of getting revenge. The most interesting aspect of this one is that the guy becomes a member of a "Demonic" cult in his second life, which at least gives it a bit of a twist.

As is tradition, the MC swiftly becomes quite OP compared to his peers. So if you like stories where the main character is an arrogant guy who crushes people who are supposed to be at or above his level, you might like this one as well. Personally I really like seeing the reactions of the bystanders in those kinds of situations, which is why I like this one as well. The action is nicely coordinated and the art is pretty nice to boot.

Of course, there's also a story revolving around the other people in the cult who want to get more power, but as of now that isn't explored all too much yet.

If there's one point I'd have to be more critical about, then it's about the timing of the MC's "powerups". Each time he learns something, he gets to use that practically immediately. Assassins are sent in waves, each time a little stronger than the previous assassins, giving the MC a chance of catching up to the increasing levels for no real reason.

Overall, it's a nice OP MC reincarnation martial arts story.

ciPherE21's avatar
Dec 31, 2019

As of chapter 31.

Same as most manhua, the mc arriving at critical moments..   Nothing new and kinda fed up with such scenario...    Hope it wont repeat.   Overall 5/10 at the moment cause of the scenario...

Blah blah blah...  The blade is in your neck yet you still hesitate to remove your weight bracer, and think of combining stuff?!!!

Whats next?  Maybe you can ise Kamehameha on your next fight...   WTF...

#dropped