Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World - Reviews

Alt title: Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku: Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito

Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World
somebodywhoreads's avatar
Aug 20, 2020

some spoilers

for a kid who can upturn a mountain with his right hand and crush a nation with his left, placed into a world by many Gods with the purpose of developing the world, he really do be fighting against creatures a millions times weaker than him, and he do be building shogi rather than... steam powered things. Technology. Things that the gods gave him power for.

He doesn't care about that, no, he spends 3 years learning from elites who can do less than him.

If the magic system were remotely complex, I could see him learning. Maybe he has infinite mana but still has to learn how cast it, or else instead of fire you get a spark and a million points of mana leaking out into the atmosphere, but he casts fire with a single command the first time he picks up a book.

Art: it's the average of the good. The sign of a decently established artist.

well, the side characters are uninspired. The main character just doesn't do anything. For a story without any reason for his strength, no OP aliens and whatnot, the only way for it to shine is with characters like one punch man, but it's hard to like  the mc. He's a total pushover.

Conclusion: generic Isekai, maybe just a bit worse than average, read if you like generic Isekai.

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
May 1, 2020

I have to say that I don't much care for the fighting aspects of this manga (seeing someone so dominant isn't very interesting, and they're not drawn all that well either), but I am pretty okay with Cain's integration into the world of nobles and accrual of fiancees. There's some humor in showing people in positions of authority (like the gods and king) with undignified expressions of human emotions. I'm not sure how I feel about Aaron.

More than anything, I think I primarily enjoy this because I enjoy the isekai genre. It's not the best example of such a story and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but it has those isekai hooks that seem to make me swoon (metaphorically) and it's not bad enough to repulse me, so here we are..

[Reviewed at chapter 20]

TheOtakuOwl's avatar
Mar 9, 2021

To be honest, this is just another Isekai where the MC is overpowered, but with all honesty, it's actually really good, and I feel like it could use an anime.

BlackVolcan's avatar
Apr 12, 2022

Unless you're very new, you've read this story before. He gets isekai-ed, is granted god-like powers that make combat pointless then wastes time getting railroaded into a ever-growing harem plot, mostly with children even though he should mentally be in his 20's, risies up the social class system and has immediate financial success. The most boring brand of wish fulfilment.

Kaim98's avatar
Jan 9, 2022

MC is another copy-paste naive f*ck that lets off evil scum with a slap to the wrist. These types of MC's need to die off already.