Cheolsu Saves the World - Reviews

Alt title: Cheolsureul Guhasio

Cheolsu Saves the World
Rover1's avatar
Apr 23, 2023

This manwha singlehandedly made me excited for manwha again. I remember starting out with reading webtoons 6+ years ago with stuff like tower of God, bastard, dice etc. At that time everything was exciting. Now a days the whole 'the hero returns' thing has basically just completely taken over. Sure there are a few works that try to put a spin on things or are just genuinely well written. But this manwha is the first time in years that I feel like I read something fresh. It's still the same concept of the main character returning every time he dies. However this series actually is mainly just.a sci fi work. And while the mc becomes basically the most successful man on the planet this is never really a plot point in the series but more so a means to an end. No one gets looked down upon or alternatively worshipped for their status or lack thereof. It's more similar to a mother of learning, all you need is kill or even re zero type of loop though the spanned period is 20 years per loop and not 2 weeks. It's also very similar in style and pacing to visual novels. The way the characters get introduced and the story develops is reminiscent of vns like tsukihime or rewrite.The characters are not all that interesting to be honest. At key moments I feel like there is a distinct lack of emotional depth and it could really pull you out of the story. The art starts of kinda wonky but gets better over time. The story is where it's at though. The way the plans and goals of the main character pan out and develop are very interesting and the mystery is also very well paced, as is the entire story. Every single time a specific part starts to get stale it skips forward to something else. Though I must say some reveals kinda come out of nowhere, and the way the main crew gets assembled feels a tad bit unrealistic, though I'll refrain from going any further with this since it's not only a spoiler but will most likely also get addressed in the future.

All in all I believe this is a must read. I can totally see how biased I am just because it was such a breath of fresh air for me Bute that doesn't take away just how fun this story is. If you like time loops and sci fi definitely be sure to read this one. The overall rating being a 9 even though the average would come out to a 7 is simply due to personal enjoyment.

ImmunitySystem's avatar
Jul 14, 2023

It was a excellent read, if not the best. I would definitely recommend this manga to anyone who likes reincarnation, sci-fi, tech/futuristic or a little bit of action and knowledge. In this short manga, it provided lots of emotions that I as a reader, could easily experience as it also has great character development that makes me attached to it.In this type of manga, there isn't any sort of system that would automatically give him a unfair and annoying advantage, or a random annoying and clingy girl that would slow down his process. This manga is clearly different from the cliche things you see nowadays, such as isekai from a truck and getting super op or getting sent back to the past while having knowledge and hiding their own identity, it is an original and refreshing idea. It has great art, the best story I have seen so far and the characters had a nice development.

This story is very logical. It will shown you when you have went through many loops or despair, we will eventually give up, but rise up to hope again when we get another idea although some parts seems a tad unrealistic. This is a underrated manga that should receive more attention and be recommended to anyone who is just starting to get interested into manga to hook them in. The great thing about this is that the story does not solely revolves around the main character, but the side characters such as his friends gets a fair share to, receiving the attention of viewers at essential/important bits throughout the story. The missing 0.5 is because I don't think there is anything really "perfect" but if it wasn't for my own belief I would have immediately gave it a 10 or perhaps it is because some parts just got a little bit boring. Overall, you should definitely give this manga a chance for a read.

BroJoh05's avatar
Jul 4, 2022

Upon finding this, I thought it would be just another depiction of "Oh no apocalypse is coming!!! We're gonna die!" like dont look up, but it is more than that. Our mc, is already observably different and odd. And by different I mean he has no ambition, no dream, no goals. And his journey in trying to stop this apocalypse shows his change and outlook in life as it evolves in his every attempt. The characters are simple but not forgettable and are quite realistic. Unlike Dont look up, the story focuses more on the main character's evolution and development in character. This can be observe from how not all the chapters are about the main conflict of the story, and some dwelve on his growth as a person.  I have no idea how to read a review, shit read it if you want.

MangaXexperts's avatar
Oct 4, 2022

Every time the main character fails to stop the asteroid from colliding with earth he get's reincarnated on the same day. The overall concept of this manhwa is very unique. Main character do not have any system or any other cheat to help him. He just have his knowledge of the future events. In every reincarnation new characters are shown and they are all written very well. This is a must try for drama lovers who want something different.

emptymind's avatar
Jul 30, 2023

Amazing in every way. I went into this thinking "it can't be that good, right?" No, it is. This isn't your average sent into the past with modern knowledge manhwa, this is something different. The MC relies on not his memories, but his skill. I felt so many emotions reading this.

My only complaint is that the ending was a little rushed. Other than that, this was pretty much awesome.

Trigger warnings: mentions of suicide