Catching Two Birds with One Sweet Princess - Reviews

Alt title: Oppareul Kkosiryeo Haenneunde Namjuga Neomeowatda

Catching Two Birds with One Sweet Princess
BurntT0ast's avatar
Jan 20, 2022

Yea no, I just got bored.

The story is very bland. It’s almost like it’s predictable in the most unpredictable fashion. Due to which, it rlly didn't hold my interest for long. I kept thinking that the ML being helpless was just an act he put on to fool the FL & stuff. But honestly, I don’t it actually is. Which just makes the story so much more, eh.

But srsly, why is the ML that helpless?? There's scene where he’s tied up & it was especially uncomfortable. I don’t know if it was just me but the way he was tied up was very....awkward. But like, nobody else in the story acknowledged how awkwardly he was tied up 😭. The flowers & sparkles did not do the scene much favor either 😭😭.

Also the characters [FL] act like ML might be greatly injured/wounded or something, but there's like zero wounds on him. A scratch at best. FL says that she's kinda thankful that there wasn't much bleeding from his wounds. But like, neither the wounds nor the blood from them, that the FL references, are actually presently shown. For some reason, they just weren't drawn (Which, quite frankly, just made it seem like FL was just over-reacting. A trait which I don't think she's canonically supposed to have).

I’m not a huge fan of the artstyle too. It’s not that bad, but like their faces all look very odd at times. The backgrounds also look barren at times too. Sometimes, the only objects that exist in background are those that the character are interacting with. Other than that, the backgrounds have almost no other objects, or clutter in them making them all feel incredibly empty.

I checked out NU, to see if maybe something exciting happens later but eh, nothing that interesting happens (or atleast nothing that interested me), so I will be dropping this.

LowkeyDeadInside's avatar
Jan 3, 2024

This is definitely a masterpiece in its own right. It's not overly-complex with villains made to be despised. It's just a cute love story where all is fair in love and war.
(Also it's very funny)