Cardcaptor Sakura - Reviews

Cardcaptor Sakura
FloralFawn's avatar
Jan 28, 2016

Cardcaptor Sakura will always hold a special place in my heart.  It's the type of series I can read over and over again and love it just as much each time.  Sakura is a girl who really serves to encourage and inspire the people around her.  She's one of those characters you will remember for the rest of your life.  As you follow her jorney you will be rooting for her all the way.  The series is good for children and adults.

poorbabydabi's avatar
Feb 20, 2013

Story | 9/10
I really enjoyed reading Cardcaptor Sakura. The story is mystical and breathtaking. The beginning was pure and simple, while the ending made me feel all "floaty," as Sakura would say to express how she felt around certain individuals. The story of Cardcaptor Sakura is truly magical. Throughout the series, we see a young girl develop into a powerful magician. Sakura's relationships were well written and had a positive effect on her character development. She also proves that one's feelings for others can always help attain victory.

Art | 9.5/10
The art is really beautiful and very cute. The moment I opened the first omnibus volume of Cardcaptor Sakura, I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and sharp the manga illustration is. I loved the artwork and details of Cardcaptor Sakura. Each of the Clow Card spirits were beautifully portrayed. Though their anime depictions were truly more vivid and mystical.

Characters | 8.5/10
The characters in Cardcaptor Sakura are lovely and their personalities supported Sakura's role very well. Characters such as Tomoyo Daidouji and Yukito Tsukishiro featured realistic feelings towards Sakura and her happiness. Sakura also discovers a lot about each individual she meets. The growing up Sakura learns about the power of her feelings as well as the significance of her friends and family. I admire the characters' strength of belief in Sakura.

Overall | 9/10
I have witnessed a magical experience while reading Cardcaptor Sakura. It is truly one of the best magical girl classics in the history of anime and manga. I would like to watch the anime version of this series, but for now the manga is enough for me. This manga was really lovely for me to read.  It was definitely worth purchasing the four omnibus volumes of Cardcaptor Sakura.

This manga was a pleasure to read. Certainly worth my money. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys the magical girl genre. Cardcaptor Sakura also has a mystical and mysterious, but charming and lovely feel to it. A very magical read.

9.5/10 art
8.5/10 characters
Blumoondreams's avatar
Mar 16, 2011

This serries is lovely. Though meant for a younger reader it can be read and enjoyed by most ages. A typical magic girl mange, that later brushes on the idea of male, male relationships. The adevetures of this young girl as she collects magical cards are enjoyable and not that taxing.