Cairo - Reviews

Cairo
AbbyG's avatar
Jul 15, 2021

Super hilarious dialogues and story line. Had a great laugh.

Egyptian base with unthinkable twists.

Don't know why it has 3 stars. It deserves between 3 and a half to 4.

There are not usual sm*t scenes from fujoking as this book is PG-13. Cairo is very handsome.

Read if you like funny stories.

8.5/10 art
7.5/10 characters
upsidepenguin's avatar
Sep 8, 2021

Don't get why this has such low ratings either. It's a fun, short read. The art is pleasing and the story's sweet.

But I'll admit the plot in the beginning is a bit confusing. It wasn't so much the plot that was confusing, but the way a detail was written caused some confusion.

Let's get one fact straight: no pedophilia here. The love interest that looks like a minor (that's actually a bit irritating while reading, but anyway) is NOT a minor. He looks soft and fluffy, yes. But he is 23, later stated in the story. In fact, he's a part of the National Mathematicians.

Also, I'll explain the confusion between characters. The dude that wants to kill the king is the love interest's favourite singer. They are NOT the same person. Dude that wants to kill king is supposed to be buried because the king followed the ancient custom of "if you love something, bury it". It's funnier than it sounds, trust me.

The story is cute and humorous, and there's a slight climax at the end. It's not the most interesting, but it's enjoyable. The slightly inconsistent and short length of each chapter didn't bother me much.

The art is good. The king is really good-looking. I just didn't like that the love interest looks like a child.

It's a fun read to relax and laugh to.