Brother Knows Best - Reviews

Alt title: Namdongsaengi Kkotgireul Gangyohanda

Brother Knows Best
Halvar's avatar
Dec 16, 2023

First off its not incest despite the suggestive title.

I'm surprised that this doesn't have a higher ranking overall. Its currently ranked 20k+ on here but I think its better than some similar titles that are under 5k. It is actually the reason why I'm leaving my first ever review for this, because it really is a story that deserves more recognition and praise.

I'm currently on Chapter 60 and I can say the story is refreshing, especially with how season 1 finished. There's both a isekai and time travel aspect which are both executed well. It also focuses more on political intrigue and administration rather than the romance which is nice to see. I read a lot of nobility and royalty romance and I have to say the majority treat the political/administrative aspect in such a superficial way. It's nice to be treated to something that's not mundane.

FL is a smart workaholic realist. It's refreshing to see tbh, perhaps i have a soft spot for the more administrative heavy female leads. I enjoy that it focuses more on her role and who she is rather than the relationship with the ML. Thats not to say there isn't romance, there most certainly is, but stories often focus too heavily on the romance aspect but it has found a nice balance. I think perhaps the biggest thing is the FL feels complete without the ML. A lot of stories detract from a good protagonist FL by making them reliant on the ML. While technically in the story she is politically reliant on him, its done well in a way where the ML complements her rather than detracts from her.

ML and his motives might initially come off odd/strange but it all makes sense as you read on. You more or less start of knowing only a piece of the puzzle and you eventually understand the picture as a whole when you read on. His personality is a bit simple but he's honest, straightforward and kind.

The other characters are nice and I like the comedic aspect and style that pops up constantly.

Art is great and is easy on the eye. Some might view it as simplistic but I like it simple but clean and beautiful. I particularly love the artists attention to facial expressions, especially the eyes. You can feel a depth behind them sometimes that I feel other artists fail to capture.

If you're looking for something refreshing, give this story 15 chapters and see how you find it.

iicrisp's avatar
Jun 18, 2023

Who knew it was so hard to write a non-incestuous siscon? After all, I sure don't see many who do it right like this one. Also, misunderstandings? We don't know her, none, zilch, zip, nada! Everything is just so cute and wholesome despite all the war going on lol. The FL is kind and a bit dense, but that doesn't make her easy. She's level-headed and hard-working, which makes her a remarkable leader. Her relationship with her brother is super cute, with no romance, as it should be!!! I didn't know that had to be a standard. I thought it was just common sense, that was until I encountered a whole bunch of other mangas that led to incest. It's a crazy world out there.

RimuruTempest1's avatar
May 18, 2022

The art is amazing, all the character look hawt

The characters:

The brother is a yandere siscon, and unlike most manhwas/mangas, he loves her with no romantic undertones at all

the ml: is hot asf, is sweet and amazing to our fl, and is great at handling all her political affairs

The mc: She is on her second life, she regressed after living a relatively normal life, with her parents dying at a young age and she had to take over the county at the age of 14 so she cound't take care of her brother. After regressing she started to care for her brother more

The story:

The story's pace is pretty fast, but the good kind of fast, like how normally -spoilers- they wait 50+ chaps to reveal anything about their regression or to meet/ get together with the ml, this took only 12 chapters for the mc to figure out her brother regressed as well and for them to reveal to each other what happened, and why it happened. It only took a couple chapters to meet the ml, and for the ml and fl to kiss, like that shit normally takes dozens of chaps before it happens

On top of that the story is very good, the mc gets thrown into the seat of empress by her siscon brother, and she is an overworked empress who tries to find a husband (slave) to take away most of her workload

MidnightLace's avatar
May 15, 2022

What do you get with a FL that travels back in time and was thrown into the position of Emperor, her crazy brother who is hell-bent on keeping her alive and health, a just as crazy love interest who's madly in love with the FL, and a runaway who became her knigth? ... this manhwa.

This manhwa is hilarious and crack head energy moments, along with some heart felt sweet moments too.

The FL is thrown into the position of Emperor because of a passing comment she made to her brother. It's pretty hilarious, especially the FL's brother. He is over protective and chaotic as hell. Does the craziest and borderline illegal things for her, especially when she doesn't ask. But he does it out of the kindness of his heart and love for his sister. He's probably my favorite character. The FL is kinda badass, doesn't take shit from other; she brutal but fair when it comes to her decisions. But doesn't know how to express her feelings and emotions well with the ML (but she can express them perfectly fine with her brother). The ML is kinda cold towards everyone except the FL and her brother. He's sweet and kinda, and puts her first. I just feel bad for him because he expresses his love for the ML and she says "thank you." Just why FL, why? 🤦🏻‍♀️

8.7/10 overall