Bring the Love - Reviews

Bring the Love
bessiecad's avatar
Jul 29, 2020

I was hesitant to start this Manhwa as first, but after I started I had no regrets. The story is so wholesome and beautiful with a strong female lead matched to a strong male lead. The romance between the main couple leaves me happy every time and I'm so excited to see how their relationship progresses. The other characters are just as strong with side stories that are just as cute as the main couple. I really am happy I decided to pick this one up. If you are looking for something wholesome with a good plot as its backbone this is the Manhwa for you!

Rai95's avatar
Jul 31, 2020

I really love this Manhwa. I truly love the characters, the story is really good too, and the art is nice. If you’re hesitant about this Manhwa I recommend you to read it. I feel like it’s really slept on when it deserves way more attention

upsidepenguin's avatar
Nov 26, 2020

A ROMANTIC MANHWA WITH ACTUAL COMMUNICATION!!!

The art isn't the best but the story is one of the best historical romance manwhas I've read. The relationship is so wholesome, and, I don't know how to explain why, but it's a natural relationship.

The male lead, Roxant, isn't a shove-it-in-the-readers'-face chockful amount of righteousness or extreme tsundere. He's not possessive, and is a rational person. He cares about his partner, and is respectful. And when I say respectful, I mean actual respect, not just the faux respect you see in so many romantic mangas where the male lead says "I acknowledge you are your own person and can protect yourself... but I'm still going to stalk you everywhere, because I care about you that much!"

The female lead, Leah, isn't a shove-it-in-the-readers'-face "I'm a strong female lead because of my sword-fighting skills!", but a person whose independence and rational thinking actually shows through actions. Both the characters felt very organic to me. Yes, there were love rivals, but our leads are secure about themselves and communicate with each other, and therefore are secure about each other. There's the trust. Gosh, I love the dynamics so much.

Also, the LGBTQ+ representation and side relationships are gold.

The story proceeds naturally too, with the other characters so wholesome. The supportive relationship between siblings is so refreshing, and I love it.

8.5/10 art
aanhngocha's avatar
Aug 12, 2021

I can see why people are sketchy about reading Bring the Love cause of the art but the longer you read it, the more you fall in love with everything about this manhwa. The romance development between the characters is even more phenomenal, i recommend, 10/10

bekahjonelson's avatar
Aug 12, 2021

I'm loving this! Leah is such a relatable character for me, and I'm excited for her to break through Roxant's cold exterior. I love the side characters too, and Bril is especially adorable to me.