Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki - Reviews

Alt title: Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun

Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Sep 30, 2021

This is like a self-improvement book, with the shtick being that its life lessons are presented like strategies to a video game. Hinami Aoi acts as Tomozaki Fumiya's mentor and guide, creating mini challenges and missions for fem to overcome toward the goal of "winning" at life (i.e. being a "normie"). It's kinda like ReLIFE, in the sense that it has gooey yet somewhat melancholic vibes and shows an anti-social person opening up and learning to interact better with others. There are far too many chapters that begin with recaps. We see Hinami dressed up in random metaphorical outfits, like a business-dominatrix suit, to try to make the self-improvement mantras and concepts more entertaining and easier to digest. I appreciate a lot of the early challenges, and find the totally awkward attempts at socializing to be both humorous and relatable. In contrast, I've found several of the latest chapters and story arcs to be much less interesting, partially because they are more about other peoples' drama and less about Tomozaki femself.

[Reviewed at chapter 19]

RiamuRamu's avatar
Dec 28, 2020

The concept behin the story is very unique in a way. And it's very enjoyable. The protagonists is very straightforward and does what he wants to do most of the time. I also like how the  cliche of the main girl being an Angel in school but an actual demon while no ones looing is carried out in the story. Overall it's good but the side characters need serious development.

7.5/10 art