Blue Lock - Reviews

Blue Lock
FastMangaReader's avatar
Jan 22, 2020

This shit is fucking amazing.

9.9/10 art
9.9/10 characters
LianaV's avatar
Jul 29, 2020

This story is amazing! At first I was wierded out by the survival concept, but that quickly changed. This story is so much more than a traditional sports manga, it's like if the characters were going to soccer training in Ender's Game mixed with the Hunger Games. Everything is high intensity. The characters are good and drawn in a way that resemble characters from other mangas, but I love it. I can't wait to finish the series!!

Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 30, 2020

The concept of Blue Lock itself is so intriguing. I never knew I needed such a manga in my life until now. This story is about Yoichi Isagi and his soccer awakening.

Story: Chosen by Jinpachi Ego, 300 strikers will be participating in an establishment called 'Blue Lock'. The purpose of Blue Lock is to isolate the 300 strikers in order to manifest the world's greatest egoist (and striker). The reason for this is because Japanese football (soccer, I don't know why they call it football) is lacking in that area.

Art: I'd say just above mediocre. It's thrilling.

Characters: The main protagonist, Yoichi Isagi, is much more than he appears to be. He has a special ability that I refuse to spoil, and it is quite something. He has that hopeful personality and is rather optimistic. I am ashamed to admit that I have doubted him a few times, luckily I was always wrong. Other than Isagi, there are a few other unique characters that I am too lazy to list. And the side characters are beyond annoying. I believe in one chapter there is a pair of brothers with rather peculiar looks. They are infuriating, for they mocked a "crippled" person.

Overall: 4/5 stars

7.5/10 art
BachiraMeguru's avatar
Oct 9, 2020

The concept is so great- like ego pitched 300 soccer players against each other for the sole purpose of finding the best player. What's even more intense about the plot is that all 300 high school students play the same position. That's the competitive aspect of this manga. The thing is when they fail a task they're given in regards to soccer they won't be able to attempt a national level or become pro. Their soccer career is over once they're out. All 300 students are betting their lives upon entering Blue Lock. The art style is sooo good and detailed- it does the incredible plot justice. The characters are all very unique and have something stand out about all of them, some more than others. But that is to be expected when they're Japans best highschool strikers.

Duckchan's avatar
Oct 22, 2020

Disclaimer: you don't need any prior knowledge about soccer to enjoy this. All im gonna say about this is how the fu*k hasnt it got an anime yet cause i would watch the hell out of it. even though i dont even like soccer or know anything about it it was still amazing so yh.