Blood Type Love - Reviews

Blood Type Love
Manthika's avatar
Jan 5, 2020

The corny title should really say it all: it’s a hysterical cliché “romance” between a vampire and a human, and it’s hilarious

I’m always very hesitant about anything ‘vampire’ related because ever since twilight- they’ve all been campy, wish-fulfillment things for young teens.  But, personally, as someone who has always been the target of bugs, and thought that ‘lol if vampires were real they’d kill me instantly for my yummy blood’ reading the summary for this made me curious.  I’m glad it did, because this was very funny.  It’s not a story you can take seriously, but if you’re looking for a laugh with a bit of odd “romance” and clichés aplenty, then I’d recommend giving it a shot.  I could not stop laughing at the over dramatics of the vamps.  Big, pale dorks.

The things to look out for are basically why I put “romance” in quotation marks.  Because I don’t consider a schoolgirl, who has been abused and is in need, being helped by a grown (very grown, and old) man- in exchange for her blood (!!!) to be any form of actual romance.  Certainly not a healthy one.  But taken with an entire tablespoon of salt, it is funny, and not the worst way to waste your time.  The characters do develop as the story goes on, which is all I can say without spoiling it.