Blood Link - Reviews

Yaoilover9000's avatar
Sep 7, 2019

UGGGHHHHHHHH

chap. 11

things are going ok,, and then "wow i smell a female lycan and wow it turns out that its the uke" WHAT. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THIS BEING AN OMEGA-VERSE TYPE THING!!!!

nooooooooo

Not to kink shame or anything (kink-shaming is my kink!) but I don't like BL where the uke is "oh he's a guy, but wait he's actually a girl/smells like a girl cuz dogs"

Also the seme is.. less than what i expected. He's very asshole-ish and keeps blaming the uke, when the uke was trying to do the right thing. Also, I don't like how he completely disregards the uke when having sex. The uke will be like "Ow it hurts I'm serious" and then this seme will keep going anyway. Also the seme got jealous of the ukes friends, and actually like, glared at them and stuff, and I don't appreciate that. Like, as a seme, as a boyfriend, you gotta respect your partners personal life, unless it's you're partners kink, then go ahead, but um this wasn't presented as a kink type thing, so yeah the seme = big douch

I like vampires in my BL, but if you don't want omga-verse stuff in it than skip this one. (unless your kink is to start reading something, get hooked, get dissapointed)

Pancakepuff's avatar
Dec 16, 2019

This is such a great read!

This story has it all - beautiful artwork, beautiful mc's, a great story and just the right balance between drama, sexiness and fluff ❤️

This is easily one of the best BL's I've read. I will go in more detail now (without spoilers)

The art: the characters are really beautiful and the detail are insane. Every detail is beautiful, and it is both the People, the background and right down to the very fingernails in every panel - I don't know if I have seen the same level of detail in any other manwha.

The story: the story was really great. It was well balanced - not too heavy and not too light. There is a lot of sexy scenes which are great, but there is just as much a very good story too. I like the story because it deals with themes you've seen before, but it just stats interesting because it is very well done. You will be worried and anxious, but not to the level that you just want to drop it, or just dont care anymore because the while story rides on misunderstandings and characters repeatedly doing stupid things (which i feel is a thing in a lot of bl manga/manwha). Also i like how versatile the story is. It is a fantasy setting and is about fantasy elements but Also deals a lot with anxieties, problems and good things you face in every relationship, so it is super relatable and very heartwarming too.

Sexiness: there are a lot of sexy scenes, the guys are beautiful and the art is amazing and there is consent and variety - what's not to like?

I cannot reccomend this enough ❤️

Saral's avatar
Aug 8, 2020

Adorable!

usually I like couples that have a really fit, handsome guy and a cute, small guy however, I did like them both being tall and fit probably because Hwagok as the small cute guy personality and the cute face. I loved the story it made me emotional at some times because of how they were worried about growing up.

It never mentioned on here about men being able to get pregnant and personally it's not my cup of tea but I carried on reading because I read so far into the story and I didn't want it to end. The art style is nice I love how the eye comes through the hair so you can still see it and they just all look beautiful.

Overall: so good

SecretOtaku's avatar
Apr 11, 2020

The review contains no spoiler but my edits do (edit is at the end)

I gave it 5 stars.  Not to attack anyone because its your opinon but if you only read up to chapter 11, then ofc the characters are still gonna be full of flaws since there isn't time for character development.  This is not my favourite BL, but it is definately up there.  I actually dropped it around chapter 23 but then i was bored so i decieded try again and now i am so regretful that i didn't pick it up again sooner.

Uke female werewolf but male human meets vampire seme.  Unique plot.  At first, being 100% honest, i read it for the smut (which is golden).  I dropped this story, since i thought it would be centered around the smutty smut smut and would lack in plot.

I am on chapter 50 now, and i am cryyinnngg.  I don't want to spoil anything, but thier relationship is so beautiful now.  The plot is so beautful, not to mention, i am still waiting on the backstory of the seme.  Which i may have already read but then forgot.

Art

The art is beautiful, not neccessarly the best ever but definetely up there.  I love their eyes so much.  And when the seme goes batsh*t crazy, aka full badass vampir mode, the art and colours emphasize just how scary the seme is.  Colour palettes are very nice as well. The seme's dark brown hair compliments his golden eyes.  Uke is also really well drawn.

Character

Seme (forgot his name): I love him.  He loves the uke so much, he has to consciecly tell the himself to control himself.  I won't reveal much, but at one point, uke tells seme that he is going to do something that the seme doesn't want.  But he finally tries, and ends up loving it.

Uke (Hwa Gok): I don't like the really child looking ukes, the small ones (sory if you don't know what i mean), but anyway, i prefer a normal looking uke who is quite manly (but not too ripped) but then the seme comes along and dominates him.  That sounds weirder than it actually is, i just suck at explaining.  Hwa Gok is sorta a tsundere (yEs!), he is not a pushover (yEs!) but at the same time, he is a innocent cinnimon roll who needs to be protected/.

Jinsu (Hwa Gok;s friend): this dude is so wholesome and i love characters who see one of the ML as platonic way, but the other ML gets jealous ever.  He easily accepts uke's sexuality which is why this dude made it on my character review.  Not to mention, he is hilarious imo.

Side note, i like how the females in this BL aren't the shallow brats that too much BL makes them.  In BL, you would find how evil the female are, how much they diss they mc and etc.  Just very glad that there isn't any sterotypes like that in this manga.

Overall

100% worth reading, if you arent sure, just try to read it and if you don't like it then fine.  But if you never try you will never know.  It is a bit omega verse, i normally really don't like the idea of alpha, beta, omega and men getting pregnant but this was amazing and beautiful.  It is a very good manga, the smut is better than some yaoi one shots that are only about sex, the story line is also amazing.  It has everything a great BL should have.

EDIT: Chapter 54 and finally we have something that tbh more BL relationship needs: TRUST.  The person in BL  would normally see their partner with another lady/man and automatically assume he is cheating.  FINALLY a uke who doesn't jump to conclusions.  Also Jinsu is the best dude, he cares for the uke so much in a platonic way, where can i find a Jinsu T-T

EDIT TWO: Their child is so adorable im crying (ch57) Random but this manwha has it all: LIGHT crossdressing for uke(nothing big)+ uke has to wear tights, VANILLA bdsm (the seme hands get tied) and they do it in the car.  ahh perfection.

EDIT THREE: The seme's sister, i feel so bad for her, i thought she was evil and i was ready to hate her but now... i feel like she needs a hug (Ch63)

TakashiNatsume's avatar
Jul 29, 2020

I really never got the hype about Blood Link. (And since there is literally no warning in the tags, I will tell you this right now. Male pregnancy is possible in this BL.)

Story: Hwa Gok is a university student who witnesses a girl being attacked by Lee Bin. I read this a while back so excuse me if I make any mistakes. Anyway, I'm going to spoil the events of chapter 2-3 so viewer discretion advised. While helping the girl Lee Bin bites Hwa Gok and as it turns out, he's a vampire. He explains to Hwa Gok that his blood is as disgusting as shit, revealing that Hwa Gok is a (half-blood) Lycan AKA werewolf. Sounds pretty interesting write? NOPE. It is so poorly executed that if I were to see those idiots IRL I would punch them in the face. Why? Because it's like for them, common sense flew out the window. I didn't even think about reading this until I saw the rating. My mistake. Back to the story, Hwa Gok and Lee Bin now share a link (because Lee Bin bit him, as mentioned before), and that's basically when the drama starts.

Art: With all honesty, I didn't like the art one bit. The eyes are too small, the noses are too long, and the mouths are too big.

Characters: Lee Bin is too forceful and overall a pain in the ass. Hwa Gok seems to be too slow on the uptake and a natural airhead. In simpler terms, I dislike them.

Overall1.5/5 stars