Beware the Villainess! - Reviews

Alt title: Geu Angnyeoreul Josimhaseyo!

Beware the Villainess!
duchessliz's avatar
May 22, 2020

Holy sh*t, but this series is f-ing hilarious! x'D I didn't know what to think about this series when I went into it because I've read so, so, so, so many villainess isekai series, but this villainess is the absolute BEST! She is savage as f*ck! Even to her own family! x'D

After working her ass off in her last life with no payout and feeling like she wasted her time and life she decides she's going to live her life the way she wants and not let anybody get in her way. Only problem is being reincarnated in a cliche novel as the villainess whose fiancee is the Crown Prince and a no good playboy piece of sh*t who refuses to break their engagement and has a brother who is an annoying thorn in her side. Of course things just get progressively more complicated as she tries to worm her way out of the engagement with her piece of sh*t fiancee. But she's determined to break free and stick it to him!

She really isn't going to take anyone's sh*t, and it's glorious! x'D

With so much trash in the characters around her you're probably wondering if there is at least one good male character... and yes, there is! Nine is best boy! He's an absolutely adorable and precious little bean that must be protected!

^precious isn't he?

Now, I'm only 26 chapters in, but I can safely say that this series is one of my absolute favorites of ALL TIME because it makes me snicker and laugh like a crazy person! It's sooooo much fun to read and difficult as hell to put down once you're invested! It's a series I HIGHLY recommend if you want to laugh!

StarJoon's avatar
May 17, 2020

If you're looking for a strong female lead, you have come to the right place.

I have been so sick and tired of reading female leads who are so weak and wimpy and all lovey-dovey for the female lead. Plus, are nothing without the male lease. IT Makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH.

Melissa (female lead) is my favorite female lead of all time. She is strong, rational, and does not become weak when meets the male leads. Yes, it's only been 23 chapters, however, the delivery and the intro hook are so well done it just makes you begging for more. Heck, I even made a fan account becuase of how much I've loved this story.

This by far the best "I got hit by a car now I'm a noble" type of story. I recommend reading this for comedy and action. The female lead is also good at swords which makes her even more powerful and loveable. She is confident and hilarious.

I won't spoil too much so let's get into the story, art, and character.

Art: well done. Honestly, it's easy to read and understand. I love the eyes and the dresses (which is 'important' for these types of stories). It's also not chaotic and 'common.' I feel like there is just some webtoon/manhwa that looks like the art style is copy and paste. This has a cool and beautiful vibe to it. LOVE IT.

Characters: Every character is lovable. Even the maids.

Story: I love the concept of her not wanting to meddle with the novel AND sticking to it EVEN  if there is a boy. She does not care for these men and HATES THEM. I love her.

I can't wait until more chapters come out!!! Every time there is a new chapter I reread the whole manwha again. I NEVER DO THAT.

MinRei's avatar
Apr 22, 2020

So far so good.

Mc is funny and love the fact that she's casual about being the villain. She doesn't plan on trying to be a saint by reversing her pre determined role as the "villain" of the story.

She has guts and and probably the brightest noble lady I've seen so far, "yah I'm this noble lady, having to do this or that shouldn't affect me too much" kind of mood.

The story pokes fun of the male lead tropes like a douche who gets redemption because he falls in love and a guy who literally shackles the fl with his love.

9.5/10 characters
YukinaZero's avatar
May 26, 2020

This manga is CRACK! I love it. The story is hilarious. The main character is so likable and independent and the male lead is an adorable puppy! What more could you ask for? Not to mention that the art gets so funny and original in the comical scenes and it's great. They had a single panel draw in the simplsons stile later on and my mouth dropped I was so shocked. The game lingo is an added bonus for me but it really seems that this fantasy world should have been based on a harem instead of a book to me. Like there are 4 past male leads and so many gaming terms doesn't it just make perfect sense? I feel like the author got bought in my the rest of the genre and just decided to do a book cause that was expected even thpugh there story is in more of a game formate. Whatever it's a minor detail that has no relivence to the plot so I just tried my best to ignore it. It also started off a bit slow with a single conversation lasting 4 chapters but the plot progress realoy smoothed out and gained some dept going into the later chapters. If this is you type of genre definatly give this story a try!

yangkiki22's avatar
Apr 27, 2020

This just made me hate men even more tbh. I hate that the crown princes thinks he can do whatever he wants. I've never been so frustrated reading a romance genre in my life i thought a vein was gonna burst. Ugh men. I love the main character thought she doesn't let any of them stop her and just wants what's best for herself. even the other girls don't they know he has a fiancé it's so rude. i could not.