Beware the Villainess! - Reviews

Alt title: Geu Angnyeoreul Josimhaseyo!

Beware the Villainess!
mavsynchroid's avatar
Feb 7, 2021

I've been reading a lot of villainess/female lead isekai manhwas in the last couple of weeks, and this one is by far the most irritating one to read. 90% of the shots are of the female lead thinking or imagining something. I'm pretty sure this manhwa is based off of a novel, but the people who transitioned it weren't very clear on how to do so. There's WAY too much inner monologue and thought process for something that isn't a novel. A lot of the time I just swiped past those little outbursts to get to the part when something actually happened in reality.

The second thing that really bothered me about this manhwa is that they made her look TOO MUCH like a villainess. I know that sounds weird, but hear me out. Normally in most of these stories, the villainess is actually quite beautiful, but only looks the way she does because she was being a villainess. When the new soul arrives in the body, people begin to see how pretty she is when she's not flipping out or showing a scowl to people. In this manhwa though, she's just not that good looking. She reminds me of the girls in manga and manhwas who bully people or have really dark skin but white eye lids. I forget what they're called.

Anyway, after just a dozen or so chapters, I didn't want to deal with the novel anymore. The MC just thinks, for the most part, and almost never actually says what's on her mind. That's no fun for a manhwa.

StarJoon's avatar
May 17, 2020

If you're looking for a strong female lead, you have come to the right place.

I have been so sick and tired of reading female leads who are so weak and wimpy and all lovey-dovey for the female lead. Plus, are nothing without the male lease. IT Makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH.

Melissa (female lead) is my favorite female lead of all time. She is strong, rational, and does not become weak when meets the male leads. Yes, it's only been 23 chapters, however, the delivery and the intro hook are so well done it just makes you begging for more. Heck, I even made a fan account becuase of how much I've loved this story.

This by far the best "I got hit by a car now I'm a noble" type of story. I recommend reading this for comedy and action. The female lead is also good at swords which makes her even more powerful and loveable. She is confident and hilarious.

I won't spoil too much so let's get into the story, art, and character.

Art: well done. Honestly, it's easy to read and understand. I love the eyes and the dresses (which is 'important' for these types of stories). It's also not chaotic and 'common.' I feel like there is just some webtoon/manhwa that looks like the art style is copy and paste. This has a cool and beautiful vibe to it. LOVE IT.

Characters: Every character is lovable. Even the maids.

Story: I love the concept of her not wanting to meddle with the novel AND sticking to it EVEN  if there is a boy. She does not care for these men and HATES THEM. I love her.

I can't wait until more chapters come out!!! Every time there is a new chapter I reread the whole manwha again. I NEVER DO THAT.

duchessliz's avatar
May 22, 2020

Holy sh*t, but this series is f-ing hilarious! x'D I didn't know what to think about this series when I went into it because I've read so, so, so, so many villainess isekai series, but this villainess is the absolute BEST! She is savage as f*ck! Even to her own family! x'D

After working her ass off in her last life with no payout and feeling like she wasted her time and life she decides she's going to live her life the way she wants and not let anybody get in her way. Only problem is being reincarnated in a cliche novel as the villainess whose fiancee is the Crown Prince and a no good playboy piece of sh*t who refuses to break their engagement and has a brother who is an annoying thorn in her side. Of course things just get progressively more complicated as she tries to worm her way out of the engagement with her piece of sh*t fiancee. But she's determined to break free and stick it to him!

She really isn't going to take anyone's sh*t, and it's glorious! x'D

With so much trash in the characters around her you're probably wondering if there is at least one good male character... and yes, there is! Nine is best boy! He's an absolutely adorable and precious little bean that must be protected!

^precious isn't he?

Now, I'm only 26 chapters in, but I can safely say that this series is one of my absolute favorites of ALL TIME because it makes me snicker and laugh like a crazy person! It's sooooo much fun to read and difficult as hell to put down once you're invested! It's a series I HIGHLY recommend if you want to laugh!

mazee25's avatar
Dec 15, 2020

Honestly, I love the whole 'villainess' stories but this is my all time favorite. The FL is very relateable and doesn't depend on people when it comes to fighting. She is amazingly witty and relateable. She puts things into perspective where we normally find things different. For example, a lot of us like the type of guy who always appears out of nowhere and protects the FL. She breaks down the whole idea and un-romanticize the idea while making us laugh. Let's not forget how she is such a bad*ss who won't put up with dumb sh*t. This is not your stereotypical villainess, but its the best one I've ever read.

YukinaZero's avatar
May 26, 2020

In this genre? This is about as good as it gets. ❤