Berserk of Gluttony (Light Novel) - Reviews

Alt title: Boushoku no Berserk: Ore Dake Level to Iu Gainen wo Toppa Suru (Light Novel)

Berserk of Gluttony (Light Novel)
smexypandarian's avatar
May 25, 2019

This was a really good series until around chapter 85-90, once you get there it goes from the story of our Hungry Compadre here and his fantasy like life style, all of a sudden theres vast tech and the story goes from him trying to get stronger and get control of his ability to him breaking into some research centre??? I dont know I personally felt the huge change in story and world building out of nowhere with such little explanation to be a huge off put. but you can kind of end the whole story around chapter 80 anyway so if you do read till there you wont be disappointed.

7.5/10 story
WABN0WI's avatar
Feb 6, 2021

The story is well thought out, and is following a unique path from modern anime/manga.  If you like stories where the main character is overpowered, but not too overpowered.   Not shy, and doesn't hesitate to act then Berserk of Gluttony does not disappoint.

Art

The art inside is simple (lightnovel version) and the art in the manga is more advance compared to the light novel, but it is still simple.  I have seen both.

Some of the side characters say the same thing.  "Yay."  This is why I took a point off.  But this is only minor in the story.

Overall very well done light novel.  Especially since this is the authors first published work.

Review of Light Novel 1 Berserk of Gluttony.

Wabnowi.