Battle Angel Alita - Reviews

Alt title: Gunnm

Battle Angel Alita
chii's avatar
Nov 7, 2009

It's been a while since I've read it as it was my second manga ever read which has been almost 10 years ago or something like that. But what I remember is fantastic characters and their development.

Alita herself is my favourite character. Her pure strength and will power that keeps her going to find herself and help others around her is just amazing. Her journey is a interesting one in a cyber punk world with people fighting for survival.

The way this manga is drawn it's totally breathtaking. I wish I could draw like that haha. I can't only drool over my thoughts of it in colour.

This manga has a movie adaption but it really doesn't do the manga justice as it's kinda short and doesn't bring out the true awesomeness of the manga. But imo it's still a good watch.

Seriously read this manga if you love the cyber punk style. Hell even read this if you don't like it. It's a fantastic story and will be appreciated by all who read.

bobafett94's avatar
Jun 27, 2018

This story is action base sci-fi with some psycologie theme with a character developing progression of Gally ( aka Alita )   and it touch some philosophical question and theme in the background . It focus more on it's character particully Gally with some secondaries character that have a deep impact on her.

Art, action scene are superbly view, and the details are so intense it's hard tofind word how you can stay seeing all the detail in some picture or cases.

Characters are all develloped deeply or correctly no secondaries characters are let on the side it's awesome, tip of the hat.

I recommand this manga who wants some action, intrigue or have tendense to have deep question reading anything this manga is for you.

guiguimauve's avatar
Aug 27, 2022

Oh no you can't do this to me' i have write a good review and whzn i was about to save it the site have send a error message and all is now erased so i am sad.

But anyway it's one of the best mange i have ever read which is a surpise because i don't have see it coming. The world, the caracter, the story,the art all is good and original even if the art look like akira. Be careful they have lot of gore and ugly carater but it's not disgusting to watch. I think that alita is my best main caracter in all manga i have read,not because she is a woman but because she have all the good point a caracter must have to be good. She have a deep background, incredible strenght, humble but not tat much, gentle but jarsh and without pity with bad guys, a cute face with big mental developpement and above all big balls in fighting and in romance.

I recommend it to everyone and if you like robot,emotions, fighting, martian martial arts and apocalyptique world you will like it. In any event if you are a normal being you will like it contrary of the fan of negima magister  negi magi who are not normal being.