Bartender - Reviews

Bartender
AlexPalmer's avatar
Jun 30, 2011

I happened across this manga when I was just looking for what had an interesting title.  It's definitely not the most interesting of manga in terms of the visual; there's no action and the manga title is self-descriptive: it's about a bartender.  However, the manga is good in the aspect that really most of the chapters are stand alone chapters.  The story progresses slower than most, and it really remains to be seen if the storyline is even the author's biggest highlight.  A lot of the manga focuses on the life of bartenders: what they do, their code of conduct, and so on.  How much of it is true remains to be seen.  There's some interesting psychological interpretation in the manga which portrays a bartender as a sort of therapist or psychologist who people with troubles can come to in times of need.  There's also a lot of recipes for the drinks.  I've never tested them since I'm not of drinking age, but the entire recipe is usually spelled out when he's mixing the drinks and he always gives the name if the complete recipe isn't there.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Feb 9, 2021

I gotta say, the amount of alcoholic drinks that I've learned from this manga, might as well be bigger than a thesis. I didn't even know there were actual drink names called Cinderella, Eye Opener, Red Eye, Didercar, Black Velvet, so much more that you just get overwhelmed so quickly haha! Honestly I just couldn't keep up with this manga with so alcohol drinks that involves different characters in every chapter! While this manga was different, it became just pretty overwhelming! Unless if you were serious about wanting to learn different types of drinks, you would find this particularly boring.

Also the design changes near the end so that was a big of a letdown cause I preferred the original art in the first place...

Btw to those wanting to give a read of this manga, drink responsibly and please don't drink until you're at the legal age in your country to drink alcohol thanks!