Baki the Grappler

Alt title: Grappler Baki

Vol: 42; Ch: 371
1991 - 1999
3.819 out of 5 from 262 votes
Rank #7,598
Baki the Grappler

"To be the strongest in the world!" That is Baki Hanma's dream. The mysterious, young, martial artist aspires to follow in his sinister father's footsteps as the world's strongest creature. But to what lengths will Baki go? We follow the young grappler as he matures in a world full of some of the strongest fighters and how he overcomes all obstacles in order to face his father one day in the fighting ring. From the jungles to an underground martial arts tournament, Baki is put to the test from fighters all over the world.

Source: MU

my manga:

User Stats

  • 0 read
  • 0 reading
  • 0 want to read
  • 0 dropped

If you like this manga, you might like...

Reviews

PharuanUndearth
7.2

Like I've mentioned many times before I really don't like doing a review until the series is finished(this one is), but this is one of the very few exceptions, mainly the scanners are for some reason way behind in the original series but have most of the others finished, lol. I really do like this manga it is one of the many I would recommend to old and new alike. But the one main thing that nags at me the entire time I was reading it is that Baki is an arrogant asshole. Now i would like to mention that as of now(11/03/17) only 197 chapters have been fully translated and uploaded so i would say about 70% of the "read" people are lying, the other 30% either have a better "group" then me or can read japanese. Again my reader has a very weird arrangement of the manga which i'm gonna assume was the original way it was published to give the readers a refresher over a couple of years period that the series ran. Worth the read i'm serious when i say time flew as i was reading chapter after chapter. The story is engrossing if a bit "normal" shonen fight series. Worth multiple reads, based off how fast i was reading it, if it ever finishes. ~SPOILERS~ Baki fights his dad and loses and his dad kills his mom this would be bad normally but his mom is some slut who gets wet off of death and blood, which this series is fucking filled with gore(thank god older manga is so good) and some nudity full frontal[Baki's mom only though :-(]. Then we see Baki travel fighting all sorts of bad asses and win, he then reaches someone who may at one time might have been strong but never shows it(powerful in influence, name, money, and political) then it shows Baki fighting some people in the arena, no rules except no weapons, and becomes the champ. We then are transported to the past about 2-3 years when he's 13 and Baki's rise through the ranks of the world, that's right Baki is the rich spoiled brat of an extremely wealthy whore. Though there is a pang of sympathy when we find out he was born to fight his dad and that's it, only to satisfy this sick fuck who gets even harder off death then his booty call. Then it goes back to the first chapter fighting his dad with everyone's whose ass he kicked and somehow befriended them even though we never see this at anytime, unless you want to say visiting the guy you put in the hospital and smiling at him while he lost half his teeth and is wrapped in a huge amount of casts smiles back, a friendship, and now we're in a new competition in the underground arena to see who's really the best.

See all reviews

Related manga

Related anime

Characters

See all characters

Staff

See all staff

Discussions

Custom lists

See all custom lists