At the End of the Road - Reviews

At the End of the Road
kaliaaisawsomee's avatar
Dec 31, 2016

A MUST READ!

I'm not good at reviewing so yea....

I binged read all 16 chapters and it was amazing! I haven't read such a good story in a while. Manhwas never fail to impress me with their stories. Basically a tough guy gets hit by a car only to wake up in the body of a guy who was bullied significantly in high school. Unable to stand the bullying of the guy, he stands up for himself and changes completely. Not only that, he ends up meeting the one childhood friend who knows about his past and past self. That childhood friend begins to realize the similarities between the real protagonist that is inside the guy he wakes up in.

I love love the main guy's character so much so far, especially how he handles the bullying situation. He's too cool.

One thing I don't understand is what happened to the guy who got bullied then, where did he go? & what happened to Taemin's real body then? BUt then againa, its not completed so I'll have to wait for the chapters.

PixieDoll's avatar
Feb 9, 2018

Great art and characters, also the plot buuut... Dissapointed with the end

niksteresque's avatar
Jul 15, 2020

Honestly I think this is a "must read."

I'm not joking when I say these characters all have various levels to them that I couldn't believe were flushed out in only 60 chapters. I found myself drawn into the story more and more after each twist and turn - and having it end the way it did felt like having my cake and eating it, too.

I really don't want to give anything away so the gist of my review will be this: if you want a story that has depth, twists and turns, and an overarching theme of learning to trust yourself and those you've chosen to be close to - this story has it all.

Also, I love the art style. It's one that isn't entirely common and the way the artist can really convey emotions through a character's eyes alone is outstanding. I wish I had more to read!

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 art
SarinPoison's avatar
Mar 28, 2017

So I'm not done with the series yet, but I've read the 20 chapters free on Lezhin.com and omg I couldn't look away.  The basic story is that a man in a sucky situation gets his by a car, but his will to live planted him into the body of a boy who tried committing suicide because of the intense bullying he received.  The man who is an absolute badass decides to stand up for himself in this new body and life while trying to figure out what happened.  Along the way he runs into an old friend of his who sees who he really is despite his new body.

It's a really good manhwa and really addicting.  The characters are believable as far as they're fleshed out (I don't know what's the deal with the brother yet), but they're like normal teenagers and young adults in that they won't tell you exactly what they're thinking.  The art is really good with showing emotion and injuries.  Definitely a must read.

GigiDk8's avatar
Dec 8, 2017

You guys this is a must-read manhwa. The story of both of the main characters was fictional and very interesting, I love the part of the psychological issues that all the characters go through it was a  well-developed story that catches you at the end. Don't expect a Yaoi because it's a shounen Ai. Cute, and [email protected]#ked up couples 2. I really liked it I hope I can see more work from this artist.