Around 40 Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki - Reviews

Alt title: Arafoo Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki

Around 40 Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Oct 15, 2019

Since the main character, Zelos, is overpowered to the extreme, the story can't focus on feir struggles and journey. So instead it focuses on how fe's trying to tutor Celestina and have fem grow to be a competent mage, all while warning fem about the grave responsibility of holding too much power. However, Celestina isn't an interesting character, which makes me completely uninterested in seeing fem train. The story also follows Zelos's daily life, but fe's too aloof and disconnected from the world to make feir own daily life engaging. And when fe meddles in the daily lives of others, it just makes fem feel even more isolated--like a god deigning to aid those fe deems worthy.

[Reviewed at chapter 10]

smexypandarian's avatar
Jul 3, 2019

I'll leave it as simple as I can for all of those looking for a rating or summary.

I have read a LOT of isekai related manga and light novels but when it comes to Isekai/Slice of life mix ups I tend to find them really... ehhhh, however for the first time in a long time I really enjoyed the slice of life mixed in with this isekai, and I find his outlook really great.

without any spoilers heres a summary of what this story is about.

but for those that want to take the risk of finding what I write to be a spoiler for you.

(even though this is really just based off of the first 2 chapters \_/---\_/)

Spoiler Alet

now you have no reason to complain.

MC comes into a new world through a game (shocker, I know) however the world he is transported to is vastly different from both his original world and the game. In the game players exploring Magic have to completely understand the way magic and mana work, creating their own UNIQUE magic spells consisting of 56(?) letters and 10 numbers, and obviously our MC is a master at spellcraft. However the world he has been transported to is vastly lacking in magical knowledge and ability, our good old MC settles down as a teacher and from what I can tell so far, he seems to be a very good one at that.

13batat13's avatar
Sep 21, 2019

MC power = INSANE.

He is basically a walking nuke.

In this world no one can either challenge nor deal any real damage to him.

Leave aside the nuke he is basically god.

*Decides to do teaching, a proffesion he never interacted with and farming, when he can literally farm enough food for an entire country with a single spell.*

Although I really like how he flexes with his powers on them peasants.