Arata: The Legend - Reviews

Alt title: Arata Kangatari

Arata: The Legend
AnonymousComet's avatar
Apr 15, 2015

A spoiler free review. Arata:The Legend is basically about the adventures of a normal guy who switches places with another guy, with the same name, from a fantastical world. The 'normal' Arata is given a powerful weapon, and ends up making friends and doing battles. The 'other' Arata(he's really funny,with how he doen't fit in) lives in the normal world, and the story gets better when villians from the fantasy world show up there too. Just about no one notices the switch,somehow. The fantasy world is nicely fleshed out, and the side characters' backstorys tend to be pretty deep(more deep,seemingly,than some main characters). The weapons are a unique concept, and totally cool. The plot is great, and all the characters are unique and interesting. This is definately one worth reading, epecially if one likes fantasy settings, adventure, and fantasy type battles.

BloodyRabbit0706's avatar
May 1, 2019

This manga is so good and has great character development and promise. Some of the characters are hard to like in the beginning but as the story progresses that's fixed. The only reason I gave the story a 9 is because it was never finished, they don't even try to do a quick finish you see often in some manga. They end it like there should be more but there isn't, this is especially painful when we were getting to the end of the series anyway. I don't want to discouraged people from reading but I want to warn you that it will be painful at the end with not being able to finish it. I left an article about how the author may finish it and I truly hope she does because this manga deserves to be finished.