ANTI P.T. - Reviews

ANTI P.T.
RememberUS's avatar
Feb 12, 2021

NO SPOILER - First of all, I'd like to mention the way the manga is drawn, I really liked it. I would compare the colors, even the drawing style, to "Hold Me Tight". The story focuses primarily on physical contact, but I have to say the plot is good and quite funny.

If you have a free moment and like the BL theme, I suggest you read this. I think it's worth your time.

UPDATE: I read the whole manga to chapter 56, twice. The story has become one of my favorites! Definitely recommended!

upsidepenguin's avatar
Jul 26, 2021

I hate love triangles. But this will be one of the few where I got through to the end and mostly enjoyed the story.

The characters were written very, very well. Good character development. Param (MC) and Hwi (ML) were written consistently. So was the manager dude. Consent was written clearly as an important part of the story and it's clear the author values romantic relationships that are consensual and aren't just sexual.

We're shown right from the start that Hwi is actually a good person and not just a hot jacked douchebag. Unlike some other romances where the ML creates the first impression as a douchebag and the author tries to make readers like him more by showing his soft sides like "liking cats" or "saving MC in a convenient crisis and they both have a revelation", this one shows Hwi know clear boundaries and isn't suddenly mean then nice then mean. Even when he disliked Param at first, he didn't exploit him... too much. I mean, there are some iffy moments where Hwi kinda carries on and Param's like uhhh, but I didn't get a too bad impression. Overall, some slightly iffy stuff here and there, but Hwi is a very likable and sweet character.

Param is clearly a person who excels in his work. He is actually written as a person who is capable and makes decisive decisions, and I actually get the feeling he is what the story tries to depict him as: a decisive person, except for in his love life. There was one thing I didn't like... you got it, the love triangle. I didn't like that Param was so indecisive in his romantic relationships. But I felt less uncomfortable because the story shows that Hwi knows about Param's feelings for the manager but he (Hwi) still likes him. And Hwi likes Param while having boundaries of his own and doesn't let himself get treated like trash.

Also, the webtoon's just 56 chapters, so crap didn't drag on for too long. All loose endings were tied up nicely and I felt comfortable with Param and Hwi's relationship. They communicate and are in a healthy, loving, exclusive relationship.

The manager isn't written as a complete douchebag, unlike most stereotypical "other MLs who were MC's old crushes". Manager is sincere about his feelings, but hurt Param when manager kinda made it obvious that he knows about Param's feelings, but still didn't do anything about it. I liked that the author gave manager a tragic backstory that explains his playboy tendencies before he decided to pursue Param, but author made it clear that although Param felt bad for him, Param didn't excuse that manager hurt him.

Aaaaand then came the part I really didn't like, but don't think is too bad. SPOILERS:

After talking out sincere feelings in the car, manager and Param kissed. Param is still confused about his feelings, so he still went along and kissed manager. They had sex. And half a day before, Hwi asked Param out on a date for the next week, and Param agreed! Kinda counts as cheating (Param cheating on Hwi) to me. But author resolved the aftermath quite well. so I won't deduct so much. No more spoilers, but I'll say the communication in the following chapters were good enough that I didn't hate the story after the cheating incident.

The characters and plot are overall likeable. The art is very good, no complaints.

It's quite a different yaoi from most because of its mature characters with pretty good communication. I wouldn't say there's any drama caused by miscommunication.

Overall, I liked it.

YaoiGodAbove20's avatar
Apr 14, 2021

Can we just talk about that little housewives moment they pulled in chapter 37? Param and that Han's clingy ex literally bitch-grabbed each other's hair in public like it's nothing, I lost my shit right there not coz of Param bouncing back at the ex since he's only living up to his "perfect" title, but because of how stupid that ex looks. HON look at who you're dealing with before making a dumb move Looool. Never fuck with office workers who go to gyms for "workouts".

Douchey exes are a common sight in Anti PT so beware of that. What's not so common? A red-haired character who's not a villain fina-effing-LY. Go send Hwi a blessing for being a non-problematic redhead y'all.

icyicee's avatar
Apr 4, 2021

for the longest time, i have been avoiding to read this one since i would avoid manhwas that have synopsis that would give me second-hand embarrassment lol. i had the courage recently to read it and i am obsessed! i really like how the author gave all of them character development and that just made this manhwa so good for me. i totally recommend this!

AFL's avatar
May 24, 2021

I am really happy that I got to read this finally. I have been putting this off for quite some time and I read at by the end. It turned out to be one of my most favorite bls ever