Anitsuu!

Add review
xxenergizerbunnyxx's avatar
Dec 30, 2013

Let me start off by saying that, when I began reading this, I was unaware of the fact that it was a shounen-ai.  However, that quickly became apparent as Takara, the main character, begins getting accosted romantically from all sides by his new step-brothers.  Starting with the youngest, then the oldest, and finally ending with the middle child, this story goes through one chapter each dedicated to the relationships he builds with each individual sibling.  Now, the dynamics between Takara and his new brothers is an interesting one, as Takara shows the typical signs of a doting brother while his siblings are more the "difficult to deal with, but also adorable" types.  This makes for interesting interractions between them.  Especially because Takara is so incredibly ignorant of the interests of his brothers, even when it is staring him bluntly in the face.  I, personally, enjoy this kind of dynamic in a romance.  However, one of the parts I did not like was the completely random "bad-ass" persona that was given to the older step-sibling.  At first he is extremely kind, and then the next page he turns out to be some villanous dictator of the student council.  This would have been an acceptable plot-twist had it been further explored in the chapter, but this part of the story received less than 20 pages of the entire manga.  Another slightly disconcerting fact is the huge age different between Takara and the middle brother, who is the only one to actually seriously show a romantic intent towards Takara.  However, despite these parts that I think could be seriously improved, I did enjoy reading this manga.  Even if it took me less than a half an hour to read.