Am I the Daughter? - Reviews

Alt title: Naega Ttarieyo?

Am I the Daughter?
YukinaZero's avatar
Nov 14, 2020

I liked mostly everything about this story, except for the main character. First of all the author made her unable to close her gaping mouth for some reason and it really bothered me. Second of all she's 18 years old but has an annoyingly young mentality even for someone that lived there entire life locked away without any normal human interactions.

Actually I enjoyed every other characters point of view BUT the main characters. She's just kind or a wierd too big toddler that acts funny. Thats exactly her entire personality and the people around her reactions to her in a nut shell. Amusing at first, but annoying by chapter 24.

Djevel44's avatar
Nov 9, 2020

Got a good potential, i got to ch21 sadly what usualy ruins daddy daughter mangas like yyrse is the damn romance, for some reason it totaly ruins the story as it becomes to damn obvious what will happend.

Like every story its nice and wholesome to see the kid and dad grows closer and grow a Bond, but like with all stories like this the damn romance comes and fecks it all up, since not more is released than 21ch i can still pretty much tell what will happend, she will grow close to her dad and POOF put of nowhere she stops listening to her dad who want to keep her safe, she will have the Prince and a rival or more after her and it will be tons of drama.

I really do wonder if people actualy enjoy the romance in stories like this or most is like me who rather want to see the development with father or mother (depending on the story) and their growt together, honnestly i got no need to see that kid grow up to 18-20 years old and feck her relationship with her dad and get fought over by some possessive brats.

happydots's avatar
Nov 23, 2020

Usually, I'm a sucker for manhwas like this with the daddy-daughter trope, but there seems to be an oversaturation of manhwas like this with poor execution of the trope. The relationship between the main character and her father is so forced, like the author just wanted to have it there so she could hop on the hype train with all the other daddy-daughter manhwas. The male lead, the prince, is so bland – it's like he was just added in so the author could tick off the romance genre.

The manhwa's just bland. The characters are frustrating to read about. This is just another one of those manhwas where you think that this might be the one that's different from all the other ones, but it's just as bland. Exceeded my expectations with the first few chapters, but it all started going downhill.

I would not recommend. Don't waste your time.

IrisWhite143's avatar
Nov 13, 2020

This is the comic that the whole manhwa community has been obsessing over for the past few weeks. It started out really cute like all the parent-child stories, but right now it's still kind of boring where the dad doesn't accept her as his daughter, but he also kind of does... So much potential here, I'm still on the edge of my seat for the next chapter.