Alcafus - Reviews

Alcafus
SululuXD's avatar
May 24, 2021

Right away, this manga is less of an isekai, and more of a spirited away-type situation. The protagonist enters a portal and is whisked away to another world, where he meets improperly dressed fox girls (slaves) who wear massive bricks on their hands and are super strong. Also, if you take the bricks off their hands they go into heat, so expect a lot, and I mean a lot, of fanservice. Aside from that, the plot if quite convoluted. Our MC finds a slave fox girl that he met when he was a kid and reactivates her forcefully repressed memories and stuff, except instead of reuniting they’re whisked into another portal which puts them in another place, and when they wrap up there, they enter another portal to another place, etc. There’s too much going on. Maybe I just don’t have affinity for this author, but it’s difficult to keep up with everything that’s happening. The pacing seems really rushed, and you never really have time to breathe before the next arc/fanservice scene. With that said, the art’s good, but by far the best part about this manga is the fantasy world. It’s not your cookie-cutter fantasy world in medieval Europe with magic, nah, this shit is high-fantasy Warhammer levels of specie and monster diversity. I just want to take the time to explore this world, but instead we’re constantly taken from one conflict to the next and ignore that aspect entirely. It’s so frustrating too, cause the world is right there, it looks so beautiful and interesting, yet here we are stuck with a dull MC and his harem of fox girls, who get wrapped in confusing conflict after confusing conflict, all to add one more 2-D fox girl to his harem. I really, really hope that the author takes the time to explore their fantasy setting more but given all that I’ve read so far (17 Chapters in English), I know he won’t, which is why I’ve dropped this manga despite reading all of the English releases.

RavensFlight's avatar
May 5, 2024

Dunno just don't think it's particularly interesting? It's just.... Weird. I don't even know how to describe the story. It's about... Well... These slave girls that aren't actually slaves because they're so weak they need to be looked after so as long as you don't mistreat them it's fine... And they go into heat... Yeah so basically they're treated like pets? And it's painted as bad, definitely. It's not *that* weird. The way they kind of... Sexually assault the main character though? Very weird. So to begin with it's already not quite something I'd read, and the plots feeling a little unsure and disjointed. I think it's a pretty unique concept, but I'm sure sure if it's a particularly interesting one. The random horny that pops up (especially the sex machine???) is just really off putting. They're very unnecessary and just interrupt whenever it seems like it's being vaguely interesting. It's just like... I don't feel like much happens. Seriously, it feels like I got nothing out of reading this. Idk if it's bad per se, but it's.... Not exactly good.

Rallaa's avatar
Jul 4, 2023

The premise is of a magical world where beast girls are kept as pets or fighting slaves. They can't use their hands and must be kept in magical arm binding shackles so that they do not go into heat. The MC has some innate connection with a specific one, and can easily connect with others ones as well.

The premise is interesting but feels wasted on the story that the author ended up with. It barely makes sense and has elements introduced that are never really fleshed out, but are just set dressing. The ending feels rushed, but that was probably for the best since the author's story seemed to be meandering without much purpose other than the fan service.

Art is good. The only real redeeming quality. If nothing else, it's worth a speed-read to enjoy the beastgirl art and fan service.

The MC is pretty damn flat in terms of characterization. Only thing you really learn about him is that he likes animals, wants to be a dog trainer, then gets isekai'd and gets a harem of beastgirls. A true self-insert MC.
The beastgirl characters are cute, but there isn't much to them either. There are some story bits that show off their loyalty and love, but they all kind of feel the same.

Overall, I don't really recommend this for the story, but it *is* kinda nice to look through.

DDobson's avatar
Dec 5, 2022

I dropped this second chapter because the FUCKING MC JUST STARES AT EVERYTHING AND DOESNT RESPOND. Seriously? What the fuck. Does he have a handicap? Seriously? He'll look them dead ass in the face listen to 15 questions and relay the whole conversation in his head never responding. He bitches out. He doesn't do anything. He may make a total 180 by chapter 4 but I won't be here for it. Weak willed protagonists? Nope. Mc just apparently is mute. Conference teaches trying to help plan future. Stares. Someone talked to him... stares. Watching something crazy unfolding where girls laying on the ground obvi hurt. Stares. Girl pleading for help with her eyes... stares. "I'll help you get home (if you stop being a bitch)... stares. Girl remembering past cries.. stares.  "Give her name" FUCKING STARES. Oh that last one is brought up 4 times in chapter 2 guess what happens. I bet you can't... you got it. Staring.