Akuyaku Reijou wa Kiraware Kizoku ni Koi wo suru - Reviews

Alt title: The Villainess Falls for the Notorious Noble

Akuyaku Reijou wa Kiraware Kizoku ni Koi wo suru
SululuXD's avatar
May 23, 2021

This is another isekai where our protagonist gets delivered into the body of an otome game’s villainess courtesy of Truck-chan. The manga begins at the game’s start, but quickly fast-forwards three years to the game’s end where, despite our MC being nice and making connections, her engagement to the crown prince is annulled so he can go off with the heroine. Despite this making no sense, everyone else treats it as a perfectly acceptable thing to do and looks at our MC with scorn. Then, her former fiancé, the crown prince, sends a bunch of bandits after her, who attack her carriage and are surprised when a man springs from a carriage to save her, even though the carriage was in-view not even 20 feet away. Of course, this man is our love interest, and just so happens to be the fourth prince, the ex-fiancé’s brother. He is also equally scorned by his peers for… rumors of political maneuvering? Despite being a part of the royal family and a walking connection, there’s not a single person willing to take advantage, really? Honestly, the writing in this manga is poor and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Everyone knows what happened, yet scorns the MC anyway, it’s really just bizarre. Either write in a misunderstanding, which could’ve easily been accomplish by having the crown prince spread vicious rumors, or have our hero and heroine actually do something worth scorning and use their meeting and subsequent romance as a form of rehabilitation into respectable people. One last note, even if you are looking for a cute romance, this ain’t it. It’s a teenage girl’s fantasy – I’m being unfairly persecuted, extremely handsome guy saves me and subsequently makes aggressive romantic pursuits towards me, despite my overt resistance, and it’s all topped off with all the other tropes – arbitrary misunderstandings, contrived conflicts, and unnecessary rivals. The art is above average though.

RavensFlight's avatar
Jul 20, 2023

Honestly the romance is incredibly rushed and all it'd take to fix it would be removing the first kiss. It was very random. It'd still be fast but it'd be normal levels of fast. The whole villain plot starting in volume 2 is just incomprehensible it's so thrown together I don't even know what the author was thinking. They even redeem someone who literally hired criminals to attack and *rape* the female lead so he wouldn't have to worry about marrying her. I haven't read much, but it's unlikely I'll read much more.

omakamochi's avatar
Feb 21, 2021

There’s a lot to say about this, but I’ll just summarize:

This is another one of your typical isekaied female protags who gets saved by a prince charming from some bandits and it’s love at first sight and such. Too much happens with too many questions popping up in between (like why she walks around without any guards despite being a noble). The romance between the prince (Len) and the protag is cute, but also very stale and overused. He’s a rumored terrible person who’s a real softie at heart which piques her interest and, after some events, she deduces he’s not as bad as he seems (he’s a cold-blooded killer, but only does so to help his country. He’s not psychotic or anything) and they warm up to each other. Romance ensues. Once again, heart-wrenchingly cute but also old (like my grandma). The art is really the only thing this manga has going for it, other than that… Yeeeaaaaahhh, you’re better off reading something else. Unless you like the constant-useless-damsel-in-distress gag. Because that’s what she is. But I guess you can’t exactly put it past her because her life before was a teenage high schooler.

Either way, I wouldn’t really recommend this. At all.

machiabeeli's avatar
Jul 28, 2021

The stereotypical otome isekai manga. If you've seen them once, you've probably already read this one. The only reason why I'm giving this a rating of this level, despite the story and characters having been reused and recycled multiple times for this genre, is because I think the ML is cute. That's it.

He's a little more, how you say, forceful than the other MLs and I like how he was drawn. Other than that, you can feel free to skip this manga altogether if you want a unique anything. BUT if you're looking for a guilty pleasure read, this one is quite interesting. No fuss, just fluff.

Manthika's avatar
Feb 12, 2021

Where to start on this one... it's a villainess isekai, yes... but uh... wow, I could not for the life of me tell you what the author was thinking.  It's both incredibly rushed and incredibly random.  It's time skipping a few years and then summarirzing information left and right while barely stopping to tell you what's happening 'now' and it reads as very.  "This happened, now they're together, this happens, oh look isn't that cute, haha, now this guy wants to MURDER YOU but only for drama haha, lol, aren't you so cute together, aw what a girly girl, nvm ur a badass, nvm ur a girly girl, haha lets party."

The disorganization disturbs me and it only gets worse in the second book, so I honestly wouldn't bother.