Akame ga Kill! - Reviews

Akame ga Kill!
Douche's avatar
Mar 1, 2013

This manga is what every gore fan is looking for. -cute girls -limbs flying around -epic villain characters The story is good, some plot holes but hey, even the best manga have plot holes, the characters are all drawn very good even the side characters look awesome. So if you want more, start reading fool, the manga is all you need

kherondale's avatar
May 4, 2017

It started off really well, and I'm quite surprised as I watched the anime first, and the anime had pretty much followed every single detail for the first few volumes and it was great! It was fast pace and there was clear character development. But then it got to perhaps, Vol 13 and 14. It dragged a lot. I was literally just looking at the manga at this point, reading it seemed pointless because I already knew what was going to happen.
I'm kind of sad that most of the Night Raid had died in the end, especially boobs, I mean, Leone. Cause she had the chance to live. But I guess it was 100% better than the anime cause literally everyone including Tatsumi died.
I really did like the fact that they let Kurome and Mein live, I thought that was pretty cute. But the whole Mein being pregnant creeped me out, they looked 15 at the beginning of the manga and anime. Either way, the thing I like about Manga's and Animes is the character development and there were so many subtle changes in Tatsumi that it was quite unbelievable, and you don't quite notice the changes until you hold out a picture of when you first see their appearance and the last.
But did Tatsumi become human again in the end? I mean... ugh, right.
Despite a few of the volumes being a drag I really did enjoy it and would recommend to new manga readers!

LePetitPrince's avatar
May 15, 2017

Les nuances dans cette œuvre sont remarquables, les personnages sont vivants, attachant et tendent à reflété une ou la réalité. La question de tuer pour le bien est abordé sans tomber d'un côté dans l'apologie de l'assassinat, qui encourage à se faire justice sois même, alors que l'auteur donne des arguments en faveur de l'assassinat qui est le centre du manga et de l'autre, l'auteur évite de chuter dans un récit moralisateur et lourd, alors qu'il laisse voir le mal que ses assassins (pour la bonne cause) font aux autres et à eux-mêmes.

La beauté de cette œuvre réside dans une exposition d'une situation hypothétique, vraie semblable, qui pose des questions de morale, d'éthique, de justice et de mal et ceux en laissant au lecteur d'en juger.

9.3/10 story
9.3/10 art
nero2113's avatar
Jul 4, 2021

Honestly the manga is way better than the anime i think you should watch both because the story is very different from the anime the manga brought way more characters than the anime and explained more they also built the world very well the fight scenes of the manga were just crazy and leave you breathless as for the story its pretty good both not perfect you will notice a few problems with it but nothing too bad overall its a great manga and really recommend it

OkamiX's avatar
Aug 15, 2021

the review  may contain some spoiler

so i was saying this is one of the best dark fantasy stories you can read ,everything was good especially the ending , i was a huge fan of anime's ending so that ending everyone died except akame but otherwise the manga ending was a big different yeah some night raid memebers died but not all of em not at all  its contrary the rest of em got happy ending and when it comes to the jaggers  they all died except wave and korome and that was unexpected to me

believe or not i felt bad for esdeath lol and i want to ship between her and tatsumi haha im sorry i just i love her , btw the art was pretty dope