Aidin - Reviews

Aidin
tempesthorne99's avatar
Apr 23, 2021

Review:

The characters in the novel and the progression is so delicate and beautiful. The plot isn't overly complicated. It's the revenge type of plot so no complicated mysteries are unraveled. The exciting thing about this is how the chemistry of the supposed enemies are now being explored together. Good lawd, such nutritious plot and snaccable characters from left to right. God bless the author and artist who made this! I LOVE THIS NOVEL. 10/10 MUST READ!

Synopsis:

Aidin be coming back alive from death after being executed by a shitty emperor. As the leader of the assassin team, Owl, she plans to wipe out Perdin Kingdom's existence with the help of this hunk of a prince of the enemy country.

vvvooooolll's avatar
Dec 31, 2020

In short, it's okay.

The art is very much my preference, goodness gracious Aidin is BEAUTIFUL, so I may be biased.

Sadly though, it only has a few chapters, so I'm still looking forward to it.

Pinpoints.

1. It's simple and cliché. The idea of revenge and family betrayal is so boring. But you know what they say, a well-written cliché is a potential masterpiece. Now whether it's well-written or not, see it for yourself.

2. The characters are not rigid. It doesn't feel forced at all. The obvious pointed things are discovered, unlike in some stroies, the person they're looking for is literally RIGHT there but they don't notice it.

3. MC is unrealistically realistic. She's a literal assassin captain under the Emperor, but she's pretty clumsy for one. That's unrealistic. It's like every single one of her mistakes is formed for the sole purpose of plot-device. But then again, she's so young that you would think it's realistic for such a young girl to make mistakes, assassin or not. I don't know if I like that, but she's not that clumsy so don't worry.

4. Last but not least, they're beautiful. So again, my judgement may be biased because I'm busy drooling over the art most of the time.

7.6/10 overall
getou's avatar
Apr 11, 2021

Overall an ok manhwa the art is pretty and the plot seems to be progressing at a steady speed. The only quams I have about it is that the hero just fell in love with the main girl and doesn't really wants to communicate that orally I mean I feel like it's build up for future misunderstanding and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. Btw this is a mainly a romance story so if you came here thinking there will be a lot of action bc the FL is an assassin eh look for something else (not to say that there aren't any action sequence but they exists mainly for the romance plot progression)

PZcolo's avatar
Jun 25, 2021

Storywise, it's the story of a Duchess that died betrayed and swears revenge after going 10 years to her past. The "twist" would be that she's the leader of an assassin group called the owl, which to be honest, makes it very hard to feel any sympathy for her imo, a murderer getting a bloody death sounds fitting to me. It's nothing special but it ain't bad either.
The interactions between the MC and the prince (I sure hope he's not the ML thou unfortunately all point to him being it) are irritating, the prince is a brazen brat without manners (which is why I usually don't like royal MLs, regardless, he's supposed to be an intuitive, intelligent and resourceful person but he truly doesn't show it) and she persists in keeping her meek, polite façade. So there is a constant routine of him being abrasive and insolent, and she accommodating, it's bad chemistry and not pleasing to read, for me at least. So again, the manhwa was ruined by the ML for me.
Also, there is a general lack of cohesiveness, as if the artist took the novel and removed several of the parts that explain and tie its different aspects together.
Altogether, I found it hard to read, but for those that like pushy overbearing MLs, then they'll probably like it.

Iyashi's avatar
Sep 18, 2022

Edit: It's a story about FL being pushed around by everyone not talking back. The sad thing is, she isn't even a pushover-like character so it doesn't even make sense at all. Dropped at chapter 28.

It's not a bad read, but I don't like the ML. He's one of those guys who always pushes things a little bit too far and is only annoying and disrupting. He always has to have the last word and won't take a step back. Combined with an FL who won't talk back just provides the perfect ground for this never ending vicious cycle. I don't see any value in MLs character for the story, excepts for being the ML who always follows her around just to disrupt their shared plan. And she's following all his whimps just getting annoyed like me, but never really talks back or sets a line for him. She's pretty much just asking for it and that drives me crazy!
Considering her occupation and thus her insights in human nature she should already know his personality. She should know how to handle him. She can handle him. She doesn't even really need him and could simply go away, or at least threaten him with that. She is an assassin and very well trained in analyzing situations and personalities, so she should know and she should be able to handle him, at least when they're in private/inofficial situations.

But that's authos extremely sloppy way to force romance onto two people who simply don't fit from top to bottom. There so many scenes where FL does stupid mistakes just to stumble into his arms ... It's just fake.

The following are little spoilers (without giving any detailof said stupid mistakes:

1. ML+FL infiltrated a prison. Then FL just almost ran into casually chatting guards not even noticing their presence or anything? (Just for the record: What was FLs occupation again? Yea, a top assassin!) Anyways, all of this happened so that ML could drag her back into his arms ... That's so faked, it's just cringe!
  2. FL was invited to a ball but ofc doesn't want to go at all. Everything would be annoying and pointless to her there anyways and she already has the perfect official excuse: Sickness.
    But author wanted to dress her up and force romance where it's completely inappropiate (yet), so now she's welcoming ML in her bedroom every night to give her dance lessons .... I mean .. just what the actual f***?! How much does the author want to betray this manhwas main character just to force his/her pointless romance fantasies?

The art is nice and relatively detailed, tho. Especially the FL. I like her drawings a lot.
But, as always, I won't rate art because to me, it doesn't contribute much to the quality of a work, as long as it's not heavily deformed or something. I read for the contents and when the art is nice on-top, then it's wonderful, but even if it's mediocre, I can still completely fall in love with the whole thing.