Advanced Evolution - Reviews

Alt title: Chaofan Jinhua

Advanced Evolution
ZephyrAlEusha's avatar
Feb 1, 2022

The story is unrefined, cringe and the same sidecharacters shitty attitude.

But the art is cool tho. They are wasting time and money behind it.

I dont know even why chinese manhua production companies are trying to achieve by making their mcs look like sung jinwoo( Solo leveling's mc)

Iyashi's avatar
Mar 27, 2022

Not exactly a good one, but readable for sure. The art is good, tho.

I had my doubts if I'd like the fighting here at all. First of all, his special ability is "mystic fists". I don't really like those brawling fights anyways and it always seems strange, useless and lame compared to other ability users. In order to counter that, the authors gave his fists some extremely weird special abilities:
He can absorb some stuff into his body and temporary mutate/empower his fists/powers with the properties of whatever he absorbed. (Water, air/wind, sand, metal, you name it) And thus, his punches can basically become anything. For example, a kamehameha.
Makes sense, right? No? Yea, probably not ... All of it feels strange .. as if the author tried to force in something unique that no one else had in their manhuas ever before just to stand out (magic pew-pew through fist punches, I guess). But, giving the MC magic abilities in such a roundabout and strange way just feels weird. I guess I'd have preferred it actually being simply just "magic" instead of "magic shooting fists", even if it had been done hundreds of times in other manhuas..  Dunno if you can follow my thought here ..

The first "miniboss" fight (around chapter ~20) was a red flag for me here. The villain was trashtalking the MC while exchanging fists and that fight ended up taking multiple chapters because of that. I always hate this, since it isnt productive or constructive in any way for the story and just drags everything on needlessly without adding anything to the whole. I had my fears that this will continue for all the fights. Fortunately there wasn't anything overexaggerated like this since then.

Overall, I will neither recommend it, nor will I advise you not to read it. Just give it a try if the setting generally appeases to you.

freshEnough's avatar
Dec 14, 2021

the art is cool but the rest is cringe

MangaXexperts's avatar
Nov 18, 2021

This manhua is super addictive. The pacing of the story is a bit slow which makes the overall experience even more better. The fight scenes are well detailed and the characters have some personality to them. I highly recommend giving this a try

8.5/10 characters