Adelaide - Reviews

Alt title: La Dolce Vita di Adelaide

Adelaide
clairdetoiles's avatar
Sep 24, 2019

Highly recommended if you're insterested in this kind of Royal and Ancient kingdom anime & novel.

This story needs more attention than it is. Sure the storyline and the background seems somewhat awfully familiar and kind of predictable: Two main protagonists, a powerful Duke, handsome rich talented man, the perfect bachelor,... and a Lady of some noble family ended up together in the end. Elements are not quite different in this type of story, but trust me, there're more to meet the eyes. If you like 'The Abandonned Empress', 'Doctor Elise' or 'The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion', you will probably like 'Adelaide' too.

'Adelaide' is about a normal daughter of the countryside Duke, living peacefully in her small town, no desires for aiming something higher. She's indeed a young designer coming from modern Korean, died in a car crash and got reincarnated again in a strange world. At her 17th, she decided to attend the Débutance ball held at the capital city because she heard about somebody may be a time-dimension traveler like her has appeared. Out of pure curiousity she hoped to meet someone that shares her circumstances, but it turned out that this woman had no good intentions, she was scheming something dark and aiming for the Duchess seat... Adelaide and the Duke - Felix Elias met at the party, among with the Crown Prince, two of them eded up asking her a favor: to pretend to be Felix's financée and help them dealing with that trouble woman. Soon they formed an alliance and started their plan, but is it really just a fake play, no love?

The characters personality are well-described, suitable amount of protagonists, each has their own way unique of charm and aura, you can easily recongnize them in the story not just base on the appearances, even the sidekicks are interesting instead of making them as a sacrisfation to brighten the main's role. Adelaide is a strong, smart indipendent girl who can manage her own things, both in works as well as in love. She don't need a hero to save the day, she's the hero of her very own. On the other hand Felix seems to be a timid, quite, calm man with proper behavior, but he's really cute when he was teased due to his pure mind. Despite some problems with woman in the past, he find himself developing actual feelings towards Adele although knowing it's all an act, hers the same. A love quitely blooms by the time they're together.

I absolutely love this story, by far it's one of the best in the gerne that I've ever read.

MinRei's avatar
May 2, 2020

Adelaide used to be one of my favorites but the recent chapters had me contemplating.

Characters.

1. Duke- he does not exert the power if his title (Duke) for most of the time unless they conveniently need it. Nothing about his character sticks out and I rarely see his name being used so I ended up calling him "Duke" as well minus the demeanor and influence of one is supposed to have.
  2. Adelaide- for the most part I love her but the author seems to have forgotten that she was originally from another world so this part of her just became as a way for Adel to enter the stage (being curious about the black haired lady and all that jazz)
  3. Susa (Villain)- as her tricks are so easy to figure out she just became a nusiance, she's unnecessary. Although sadly for the Duke, Susan stood out more for me than him.

Don't know where the author wanted the story to go at first and till this day I still don't. The thing about their engagement was dragged too long that you will start losing favor of Adel.

Art

It's amazing, love the colors

Note: don't get me wrong I'm not trying to nitpick but I just can't ignore these parts of the story. It's a feel good eye candy story minus the Susan part.

7.3/10 overall
Milved's avatar
Jun 28, 2020

The characters (especially the fl) were actually able to make rapid and thoughtful decisions, but I felt the storyline was too dragged out for me to actually enjoy the plot. Furthermore, the interactions with the villain felt rather repetitive, and the engagement at the end went on for far too long without any actual storyline, making the end rather boring.

At the start, the characters were rather enjoyable - no faffing around that is often present in other manga, but as the story progressed their development seemed to grow weaker rather than stronger. The fl is smart (nice!), but doesn't act like she's reincarnated. The prince doesn't act like he has any real power (as opposed to princes in other stories) and doesn't garner much respect from the characters, and the villain is very cunning at the start, but appears to lose that cunningness as the story progresses.

Overall, would recommend reading the story on a lazy afternoon, but don't expect any gripping action to draw you in.

7.5/10 characters
7.1/10 overall
yurinddr's avatar
Jul 9, 2020

The ending is cute and all, also the relationship between Adelaide and Felix is adorable. What I didn't like is the fast phase of the story, maybe it's just me, but I wanted more from Adelaide and Felix.

But in overall it's a lovely manga.

runouce's avatar
Jul 3, 2020

Story: 5.5/10

The story is... You'll be able to guess nearly all of it by only reading the first few chapters. By "all of it" i mean: ALL OF IT.

That is not really a bad thing though as long as the manhwa itself is enjoyable. I can see the charm of reading a manhwa that's not strong in it's story, and this one executed it rather well if you are into these kind of things.

Art: 7/10

Again, it's enjoyable. Nothing too grand.

BUT, an "enjoyable" art means they've done their job splendidly.

That means they've done the background / characters / items / etc really well to the point where you can just glance over it without thinking that there's something wrong about it.

And that's a feat worth of praise. They didn't try to outdone themselves, they were just doing their jobs REALLY well.

Characters: 6.5/10

Predictable...

But enjoyable!

And that's also a feat within itself! Why? The same reason as what I've said before about it's art.

What holds me back from giving this a higher score is: they are just enjoyable without any glaring quality-breaking flaws. But they do not offer anything more than that.

Other than that, the characters are EXTREMELY well executed. The more you read other shttty manga/hwa/hua, the more you'll appreciate the quality of the characters in this manhwa.

Overall: 6/10

An extremely well executed manhwa, but it doesn't really have much of something new to offer.

Do i recommend it? I can, i guess..

You'll know if this manhwa is for you or not based on the first few chapters anyway, so give it a try!

5.5/10 story