A Villainess for the Tyrant - Reviews

Alt titles: A Villainess Is a Good Match for the Tyrant, Pokgunegeneun Angnyeoga Eoullinda

A Villainess for the Tyrant
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 20, 2020

Truly a hilarious, intriguing manga that stole my heart immediately.

Story: Cecil is married off to an emperor tyrant, Estian, who turns out to be handsome (no surprise there).  He explains to Cecil that to trick his enemies, she basically needs to act like a spoiled b!tch that he's head-over-heels for. When their plan goes into action, I nearly died of laughter. Cecil is excellent at acting like a villainess.

Art: It reminds me of how those older mangas are drawn but upgraded and colored. It's really nice.

Characters: I love the FL so much.

Overall: Do I need to spell it out for you?! For me, this is a gem. A diamond in the rough. I suggest reading it.

GurinTea's avatar
Dec 8, 2020

I must say the male and female lead is interesting. Because they're both C.R.A.Z.Y ._. but I love their synergy tho. I don't have any much to say cuz I'm not good at giving review but once you read it, you know what I mean >o<

8.7/10 overall
itsgraxiabibi's avatar
May 16, 2021

Love love love the craziness  of these two! And this is the only manhwa that I've read so far that has the possibility of having 3 COUPLES! I'm so excited for the prospect of knowing we're only getting the story of the main leads but also the love story of two other couples!

@Author, please please do not disappoint us. Give us 3 love stories!

YukinaZero's avatar
Aug 7, 2020

Th is manga made me giggle and smile the whole way through. It's everything you could ever want from a romantic comedy and it doesn't even come at the expense of the female leads intelligence. I know how cringy and annoying that can be sometimes. 😊

6.9/10 overall
sunbee's avatar
Aug 9, 2021

I had work but I needed to finish all 67 chapters of this manga in one sitting. That was how committed I was to such spectacular art. Look no further if you want a wholesome relationship between two people who find each other equally appealing and interesting, respects one another's interests and decisions, yet are unique by themselves.

The author paints the FL in a very refreshing way - she's strong and independent yet still reliant on the ML especially when it comes to things that she's completely out of her depth with. And it's fine! She's very authentic as a person and as a character that you can't help but root for her, even with her strangely overpowered skill set.

One of the unique aspects of this manga is that it resembles an otome isekai but not really? It's like a meta-otome isekai; it's hard to explain but you'll get it when you read it. I don't want to spoil it too much.

Finally, this is comedic in the best way. It's not cheap comedy, it's a comedy that comes when it needs to appear without detracting from the weight of the plot. Definitely read this one!

9.5/10 story