A Stepmother's Märchen - Reviews

A Stepmother's Märchen
CilginAshley's avatar
Jul 19, 2020

I REALLY like how the main character is not looking for romance (although it seemed like she would) she only acts motherly and like a family towards children. Even though she went through a lot because of them in her previous life. I like she DOES  NOT DEPEND ON A MALE ir use the information from her previous life to cheat. I totally recommend it. It's hilarious and intriguing.

9.5/10 story
Milved's avatar
Jul 3, 2020

Not quite the stereotypical time-travel story, as the fl doesn't construct her own downfall the first time round. Instead, she is murdered during an attack on her coach when travelling through the forest, which sends her back to the past, where she is determined to foster a better relationship with her children the second time round.

The plot progress is slow but well-paced, so it does not feel as though it is dragging. It is highly detailed and well thought-out, so is very intriguing. The artwork adapts to fit both the serious and comical side of the story, and the clothes appear to be well within the time period, which is a nice change for once.

Would definitely recommend reading.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters
8.8/10 overall
mastermoocher223's avatar
Nov 12, 2020

I really hate it when there are all of these time traveling mangas where these teens and full blown adults become children and act the age they look like. These 20 and 30 year olds should not be acting like 9 year olds just because they’re in the body of a prepubescent. Rants aside, Suri is as mature as her situation would demand, with a couple moments when she acts a little childish because she’s mentally around 17 or eighteen with her childhood stolen.

Her relationship with her adopted children is really sweet and I adore the romance because it doesn’t rule her life or decisions. Suri also doesn’t have to fake-marry a man for power and isn't a pushover in the slightest while holding onto a femine indentity. Too often power or respect is equated to phsyical prowess or how well a woman can do a "man's job".

Also the art is AMAZING

Ivgmoox's avatar
Sep 8, 2020

really good plot, the art is good too. The chapter is long and nice. The character is unique and I like the plot cause not many story are like this the manhwa I always is alway about drama and cringe stuff. But this is family matters so it good

9.1/10 story
9.9/10 art
8.4/10 characters
9.4/10 overall
IrisWhite143's avatar
Nov 13, 2020

Season 1 was so good, but so far season 2 isn't that great...