A Royal Princess with Black Hair - Reviews

Alt title: Geomeunmeori Hwangnyeonim

A Royal Princess with Black Hair
AnnCathrin's avatar
Sep 20, 2020

I definitely recommend reading this. The MCs are hilarious, and their couple moments are incredibly cute. The first handful of chapters especially had me in stitches. (Actually, now that I think about it, the whole cast is fun to read.)

The female lead is... basically the opposite of what you think about when you imagine a royal princess. BUT, she is more than capable of faking those traits - she's already been shown being bashful or weak when it suits her.

The story definitely has hints of darker undercurrents - the jealousy of other nobles, for example - but is overall very fluffy. Mainly because there is nothing out two MCs can't deal with together. Unlike in "normal" royalty stories, all those undercurrents come from outside the palace, not from within the royal family, which is a nice change.

If you're looking for something light-hearted, with a strong, independent female lead, a bickering couple or something with occasional fight scenes, swordplay, and magic, this is for you.
Also, royalty! (which is always a plus) with all its advantages but none of the disadvantages. Even the standard jealous-girl-tries-to-bully/sabotage-the-female-lead trope is handled well, imo. Did I mention that all scenes including both MCs are comedic gold?

10/10 would recommend. I'm definitely rereading this soon, this is a gem.

distivilla's avatar
Oct 23, 2021

I love this story so much the fl is so cool and so is the ml i bursted out laughing at some of these chapters lmao 100% recommend

😭😭

Ixhishishi293's avatar
Feb 1, 2021

This one's a goldmine! It's super duper ultra intriguing. FL is super unique as well as the ML. romance here is refereshingly amazing. story line is different than all other manhwas. the comedy is at it's finest.

overall it's sooo good I am srsly in love with this manhwa.

Don't even think of ignoring this!

9.5/10 story
MinRei's avatar
May 2, 2020

The princess is cool, she's like a big sister figure. The prince is not a jerk, he's sensible. Together their interactions are gold.

There are also some other interesting characters.

There's this side story inside it that is quite magical.

tissueq's avatar
Jul 17, 2021

The story is really good, you have a badass female lead😩 and the art is good too. The interections (bickering LOL) is so cute and they make a good couple. the story is really interesting as well, its not a typical love story. Overall, i really recommend this manhwa :D