+a no Tachiichi - Reviews

+a no Tachiichi
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Apr 6, 2019

There was a note from the author at the end of the series saying that this was supposed to be a gag manga, but it ended up becoming more serious. And I suppose I can sort of see that since the set-up is ridiculous and the characters are hollow and only serve to create funny situations. The thing is, it's not all that funny and once it does start to lean more on the serious side of things, it makes all the half-assed character motivations much less acceptable. In fact, barely any of the (non-background) characters feel relatable and cohesive, other than maybe Miva and Luce. The idea of having the protagonist be a "side character" and only catch glimpses of the "main plotline" is cute, but it does lead to a lack of development on characters like Haruka, Roswald, and Sapphic since events involving them aren't always witnessed by Satoki (the character the manga follows). We also have plot-marionette characters like Jet, who can somehow simultaneously recognize that somebody is trespassing and yet still think that fe is working as a maid (and is supposed to be there). And characters like Obdima, who have no grasp of the weight of war. In fact, the manga never effectively portrays war or other life-threatening situations in a way that would evoke a serious mood.

The backgrounds are drawn badly. It seems like characters are the strong point, artwise. The clothes are often drawn well, except the skirts and other flowy materials can look a bit stiff at times. When effort is put in, the faces and hair can be very attractive, but this manga seems to spend most of its time with the characters drawn more simplistically.

SIMPLORD's avatar
Jun 12, 2017

This manga is an odd one, the Main character is a complete dork who doesn't want to be the main character. The story is funny and there are some pretty interesting characters. The girl that "should be the mc" has a pretty bland personality along with a lot of her persuers, but the read mc and the slave are quite a pair.I would give this a try, its lighthearted and I enjoyed reading it but I feel like this is probably also one of those hit or miss type manga. Give it a try!

Luxie27's avatar
Nov 11, 2020

The art is great, the introduction is great, but the story is not wahat you'd expect a Mc to end up like. This manga seems to be narated in the eyes or a side character (Which in our eyes is our MC) She does not have a high rank, protagonist style personality nor does she have those op skills and reverse harem romances. This story is, As I said, Narated in the eyes of the the extra. The ending is all good and well, but as fans like us we probably expected a love triangle, or the rank upgrade, but no at the end its not so good or bad but just normal. So I guess I didn't liked that, I am, after all, an isekai fan addict, and expected more. Thanks to the author and artist, But this is just not my style, I like the MC overwhelms all type of protagonist.

Also, If anyone read this can someone like introduce me more mangas of reincarnation and isekai?