A Monster Hunter Becomes a Princess - Reviews

Alt title: Killer-jiman Gongjuro Sarabolkka Hae

A Monster Hunter Becomes a Princess
machiabeeli's avatar
Aug 2, 2021

I have never, ever, ever read a reincarnation manhwa with an art style like this and a FL with such an audacious backstory. I usually give the art style a cursory sentence or two in my reviews but this manga has an art style that you would either find interesting or recoil from in confusion. Please, read the first chapter. Check it out for yourself, let me know what you think. Tell me I'm not the only one or correct me if I'm being too judgemental.

The FL's backstory is so different I had to stop and squint at the screen to double-check if I read it right or if I just strained my eyes. But no, I read it right. The FL originally came from a world where magic and monsters existed to be slaughtered by monster hunters, which was how she was raised. She died due to an unexpected tragedy caused by a vampire and NOT a truck this time (+1 point), reincarnating in the body of a dead princess.

To be quite honest, the set-up and characters are very interesting since I haven't seen this done elsewhere. But at the same time, I just can't get over the ART STYLE. I'm so torn up about this. This is like Twilight meets 90s, overly large eyes anime aesthetic - a lil emo, a lil cringe, but wrapped up in a plot that looks absolutely scrumptious for this genre.

One of the few mangas I've ever dropped. I can't do it. I'm sorry. Go on without me.

skyenui's avatar
May 30, 2022

I agree that the artstyle is rather different compared to other manhwas of the same genre, but it took me only a few episodes to get used to it, and now I'm actually kind of digging it. It might not be the prettiest out there, but it definitely has its own unique charm, and you won't confuse it others of the same genre thanks to this uniqueness.

I'm kind of sad that this story doesn't get more attention: the FL's backstory is actually interesting and the ML is a literal God, with his own sad/tragic backstory, but they don't fall for each other at a first glance. The FL will actually put her own needs first, rather than to swoon when she sees a pretty face.

It's not my favourite maybe, but I still enjoy reading it weekly and look forward to the upcoming episodes. I believe it's worth reading.

MangaXexperts's avatar
Dec 11, 2021

the lips of characters in this manhwa look very bad and the story has a bit of cringe in it. so only read it if you are looking for a cringe romance manhwa.

4.5/10 overall