A Man of Virtue - Reviews

Alt title: Jeongsukan Namja

A Man of Virtue
Photogiraffe77's avatar
Mar 13, 2020

This manhwa started off a little rocky for me, as far as the initial story. I originally got about 13 chapters in and was like "okay I might come back to this" but I'm really glad I did. The initial premise seemed a bit rocky, but as the story developed, so did the characters, discovering a deeper plot than expected. I am even a huge fan of the secondary love story that develops. The art work is quite lovely and all the characters are so beautiful. I'm now on chapter 93 and please consider, it is worth the read!

8.5/10 characters
ricebearboo's avatar
Oct 13, 2020

HELLO READERS LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO ONE OF MY TOP 25 BL MANHWA TO MAKE IT TO MY "Would Reread Again" LIST!!

Disclaimer: I paid for every single episode that I read :) I am not being paid to write this review (even though I wish I were.)

This is amazing and here are the reasons why:

• It's an enemies-to-lovers trope where the narration is coming from the "bottom's" perspective.
  • The art is amazing, it's consistent, and it's funny. Bro, you would not believe how often I laughed literally out loud in my little room by myself.
  • The characters are SO LIKEABLE. This is important because I don't always like all the characters. Sometimes, you hate one of the main love interests, sometimes you hate the main character, but NOT HERE. Everyone is amazing. :)
  • The story... was fun. I love that they made a reasonable progression of events. There was no "insta-love". The two main characters made their way from enemies to friends to lovers (with a ton of sex in the middle LOL). The only reason I didn't rate the story higher is because there wasn't anything special about their dynamic and the first dozen chapters were hard to get through.

So here's my verdict: 8.5 out of ten, would recommend to a friend. :)

8.5/10 art
Some1ridculous's avatar
Jul 11, 2020

Even though you are only able to access the first 5 chapters of this manhwa for free on Lezhin, I think the author Ggang-E did such a tremendous job on the characters and of course the story between the bois. I know it is disappointing for some who can't read the entire story for free. HOWEVER it is absolutely fair that the author does not want pirate sites to be stealing her content and I applaud her for speaking up about this - [https://mangaplanet.com/interview-man...]

I mean at the end of the day folks, it's the authors work, not ours or even any pirates sites out there. She deserves as much contribution as any one else who creates a piece of artwork of any nature. I am guilty af like any of us who try to read content for free which is a shame that we have to be feeling this way and the fact, the pirate sites are allowing this to give heartache to the creators of who we read.

Look lads, we just have to be realistic and support behind the scenes peeps who give us joy and entertainment!