A Journey Through Another World: Raising Kids While Adventuring - Reviews

Alt titles: Isekai Yururi Kikou: Kosodateshinagara Boukensha Shimasu, Isekai Yururi Kikou: Raising Children While Being an Adventurer

A Journey Through Another World: Raising Kids While Adventuring
CrystalPrincess's avatar
Jul 15, 2020

I am just in love with this manga. Its just so cute!! The art is amazing. Do keep in mind that this is not a really hard core adventure manga, its one of those light fluffy ones you could say. The cuteness of the two little kids really pulls at my heartstrings. This really is an intresting mangs tho because it incoporates different ideas/topics? This isn't really a spoiler because you find out on the first few pages but the main character accidently died in the hands of a wind god and instead of being upset/mad he literally just goes "now what?" and just gets reincoporated into a new world where he meets the two little kids in a dangerous forest. But do keep in mind these aren't just any ordinary kids... ;)

YukinaZero's avatar
Apr 23, 2021

It's so adorable and genuinely fun to read. How could anyone hate this?

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 25, 2019

I'd say there are two things this manga is built upon: adventuring and adorability.

As for the adventuring, it's not very interesting. For one thing, every quest and challenge is overcome far too easily. For another, the plot-beats feel like that of tons of other isekai stories: A normal Japanese person is dropped into a dangerous forest in another world, makes feir way to town, joins the adventurer guild which uses a ranking system and a notice board for quests, displays strength by overpowering bullies and other feats like labyrinth exploration, is relied upon by the guild and townspeople and is personally requested for difficult quests often despite a low rank, deals with corrupt nobles, and travels to new towns to probably repeat the cycle all over again.

As for the adorability, initially the two children accompanying Takumi do look adorable. But over time, the lack of variety in their facial expressions and emotions gets tiresome and even annoying. They kinda just constantly stare up at Takumi with wide eyes and pinpoint mouths. They beam and jump with happiness at having defeated some monster or otherwise accomplished a goal. Fe pats their heads and praises them. I suppose this aspect of the manga does provide a more distinct lifestyle goal from many isekai manga, what with Takumi aiming to properly care for these children. And Takumi often doesn't even participate in fighting monsters, since the kids see it as a fun game (like Takumi, the kids also have cheat-level strength).

Most of the artwork is okay, with only the cutesy faces of the children really standing out. And as I mentioned previously, I eventually grew tired of that. I don't like the clothes that Syl materialized for the kids--they look dumb. The monsters and other animals are often drawn anatomically off. The author seems to have especial difficulty drawing snouts.

None of the characters resonate with me. They just feel hollow. And Luna and Syl both actively annoy me.

[Reviewed at chapter 17]

Mrhan4's avatar
Jan 11, 2022

How to read it it doesn't have any of it