A Gatherer's Adventure in Isekai - Reviews

Alt titles: Material Collector's Another World Travels, Material Collector’s Other World Travel Log, Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki

A Gatherer's Adventure in Isekai
puyu's avatar
Aug 30, 2018

Firstly i'd like to point out that the main character having a very large penis is just a minor joke and this manga doesn't have any sexual stuff in it at all.

The story starts like many typical isekai mangas do. Character gets resurrected in another world and gets powerful abilities.

The main character is more on the intellectual side and at least for now this manga seems to focus heavily on rpg elements like items, magic and crafting etc.

Overall as a typical isekai setting manga this one is definitely better than average.

Ponyo18's avatar
Jun 19, 2020

There are only two things that I dislike about this manga.

1. The story moves too slowly. 11 chapters in and he's still in the same village.
  2. Takeru (the main character) is pretty bland. Of course, he has all these OP abilities and such but his reaction to things seems forced. Also, the other characters don't have strong personalities, as they all seem like side characters you can easily forget about. Um, basically I'm saying that they need more character details.

That's about it. The plot is common, that's why I rated it a seven. The art is fine, but they draw the facial features too small for my taste. I also don't feel as attached to Takeru as I should be. For instance, if the main character was suddenly changed I wouldn't really care.

I've only read 14 chapters so far so hopefully, it'll get better.

Bye :P

7.5/10 art
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 14, 2019

The boots and satchel look excellent. And I like the decoratively framed panels, done at times. Several of the beastkin designs are refreshing as well, like seeing a man with bear ears and a girl with deer antlers. Most of the art is great, but I often don't like the way feir face sits on feir body. Also, the way the adult dragon is drawn looks, I guess I'd describe it as "pug-nosed" (though the baby dragon looks cute).

As Takeru walks through feir relatively standard isekai experience, we see fem have several goals:

• Fe wants to explore the world (this will likely be the impetus for fem going to new towns)
  • Fe wants to get a cute female companion (fe settles for a cute baby dragon)
  • Fe wants to have a stable source of income of at least 2,000 leib per day (oddly, fe decides adventuring is stable...)
  • Fe wants to take a proper bath (fe finds a bathhouse in the city)
  • Fe wants to learn how to raise a dragon (fe plans to discuss this with dragon knights)
  • Fe wants to eat all sorts of delicious foods (this will be another impetus for fem going to new towns)
  • Fe wants to not draw attention to femself or be relied upon (and yet fe joins a guild which will track feir accomplishments...)
  • Fe wants to live a peaceful life (and yet chooses a risky and danger-filled lifestyle...)

Takeru has multiple cheat abilities, including a huge magic reservoir and the ability to Search the area around fem for specific types of materials and stuff. I feel like this manga could've focused more on feir searching capabilities and made fem less capable at fighting and would have created a more unique storyline. And it also could've just not included an adventurer guild. It's like: Do all roads in an isekai manga lead to an adventurer guild? This one even started out not involving a guild in the slightest and it was functioning fine, but then I guess the author felt the story wasn't checking enough boxes of an isekai story and felt the need to include a guild.

[Reviewed at chapter 17]

Easiermonk's avatar
Apr 11, 2021

Before you read this look at the TAGS. First do you like slowpaced stories. if yes give it a try, okay now to the actual review.

This manga is your average isekai you have the common office/otaku that gets transferd over to another world by some higher being. the story is okay its not something i would reccomend expecially for those who like manwhas like solo leveling. Art is on the higher part of the scale. Overall its a good read for those who like slowpaced stories characters are pretty much the same as anyother isekai but they have their good points to.

d3Xt3rnz's avatar
Jan 12, 2022

[Reviewed at chapter 37]

This has been a pretty entertaining read, and is basically what I'm after in this genre of manga:

• OP MC
  • Slice of life with a bit of action
  • Doesn't get too stressful since you know the MC is OP, plus no major revenge/backstabbing stuff, so it's a pretty chill read
  • Isekai + makes use of knowledge from Earth

Although I'm indifferent to this, there's no romance or harem angle which some audiences may enjoy, so what you get is just pure, unadulterated adventure-fantasy-isekai.

The story is pretty chill, but the slow pace may not be what you're after if you're wanting to read an action-style manga. That said, the pace does pick up after chapter 20.

I like the MC. He's OP but doesn't go showing off his powers and is conservative in using them. He has a good, helpful, yet cautious attitude and doesn't get too worked up. The supporting characters are okay, very capable folks and match up with the OP well.

The only thing this manga really lacks is more humor (given that it's mostly slice-of-life), otherwise it would've been perfect.

Highly recommend for those of you who're after a chill adventure-fantasy-isekai manga that's bingeworthy and doesn't contain any annoying elements such as romance.