A Devil and Her Love Song - Reviews

Alt title: Akuma to Love Song

A Devil and Her Love Song
Urmomdontloveu's avatar
Feb 25, 2022

I read this awhile ago and forgot to review it but I'm just gonna talk about what I remember most and why I hate it.

Extremely childish. The amount of girl on girl crime is insane. I despise the trope of fan club hating the new girl for being pretty, because it's just rooted is misogyny and honestly just puts me off a story because there's always "slut" comments made.

Now the FL? Worst I've seen in awhile, she literally does not talk and doesn't interact with other characters. Yes I know that's the point, she's traumatized after being bullied for being hotter than everyone else. Boo-fuckin-hoo.

Part of her arc is learning to socialise because she's characterised as socially inept and i recognise that, what I'm saying is she's still a piss poor character anyway. Socially inept characters can still be likable. Asshole/rude/mean characters can still be likable. They just need depth.

Maria has no depth outside of "being more childish than people think."

My head hurt reading this, 100% would not recommend, the manga summary is a liar.

JelaVera's avatar
Dec 2, 2022

a waste of time, i was thre hoping for fl's chara development but even till the end shes kinda the same.

only diff is tht she had a bigger fren grp ig, the only ok is the pretty art

the harrassment frm other girls is actly embarrassing and annoying bc FL does zero retaliation and its annoying asf bc of FLs indiff attitude of 'im strong so idc' .. revenge oso wont be served, esp FL's dad who became a redeemable character who was 'just as hurt' by his actions as Maria's mother was. like wtf thts bullshit.  man assaulted a 14 year old girl,\\ then proceeded to write letters to Maria's mother for forgiveness ugh

ML also assaults FL but isnt socalled punished, EVERY SINGLE AWFUL THING THT HAPPENS TO FL, SHE GETS BLAMED AND SHE DOESNT RLLY DO ANYT?? 2nd ml was the MVP for not hurting FL in any ways and caring for her but bruh no author made him the second ml. wtff

story is childish af not recommended