A Couple of Cuckoos - Reviews

Alt title: Kakkou no Iinazuke

A Couple of Cuckoos
HikenNoAsxce's avatar
Sep 27, 2020

A fun little quirky story about a guy who's a study addict, his cute stepsister, his Instagram model fiance, and a cute classmate.

The story is pretty generic,

• The MC now has a fiance, what will happen next?
  • The MC's house is being renovated, I guess he and his new fiance are going to have to move in together. Where are they gonna get the money for a new house? The Fiance's parents are filthy rich, don't worry.
  • But Uh-Oh now his stepsister, wants to move in together. Cue the stepsister love story arc.
  • The classmate likes our MC but she has a fiance of her own. So the MC wants to win her heart.

The rich fiance girl is too spoiled comes off as more annoying than quirky cute.

And it is implied that someone is expecting the MC and his stepsister to end up together.

The MC says he loves the cute classmate but we never really see any real development there.

This is a pretty average story with ok characters, no one really stands out. It's good enough to be enjoyed but not amazing. It has bad elements to it but nothing that would make you wanna drop the series.

I recommend the first 10 chapters to figure out if this is your kinda story.

RiamuRamu's avatar
Jan 22, 2021

It's a good read honestly. I do feel that some parts are a bit stretched out much though. However, the protagonist is honest to his feelings which I think is good for this kind of story. I also just really really like the art style too.