A Certain Scientific Railgun - Reviews

Alt title: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

A Certain Scientific Railgun
Odisnikka's avatar
Dec 15, 2022

Attention, English is not my first language.

This manga is already bad in its concept. this universe makes no sense. Why would the government allow such a school to exist? these experiments were to be carried out in top secret military bases; they are developing super fucking human weapons.

if two students clash, they could end up destroying the school! how did the author not think of this? how did the author not realize that this idea of students acting like police is stupid? Teenagers don't have the maturity or intelligence to act like agents of the law. power should not have the main indicator. And there are all the moral problems of allowing minors to risk their lives.

This is one of the most poorly designed universes I've ever seen.

and all the rest of the artwork is the same shit you see in other shounem. It's just another collection of generic tropes.
Enemy turned friend. enemy who is a horrible person but has a sad past, so he is automatically excused after regretting. Maybe he doesn't even have a sad past, but he regretted it, so everything he did is automatically excused. harassment=comedy. shallow characters who are always overreacting because... comedy?

the art is the simplest you can imagine. if it simplifies further it would become a sketch.

RayD2Kill's avatar
Nov 6, 2021

This manga is great, I've had so many moments where I bust out laughing and she'd a few tears.