5500 Shades of the Demon King - Reviews

Alt titles: Mawangnimui 5500-gaji Geurimja, The Demon Lord's 5500 Different Shadows

5500 Shades of the Demon King
machiabeeli's avatar
Sep 17, 2021

The world makes no sense. The characters make no sense. The set-up makes no sense. I've wandered through the first 7 chapters and my only thought is ?????????? what is happening here?

This manhwa is clearly a mash-up of several concepts that came off as edgy rather than inspired and that made the whole world seem so lacklustre and too convenient. Big ideas but characters smaller than they were drawn to be.

Should you read it? It's a pass for me, bro. There's more out there that you could spend your time on.

Reviewed at Chapter 7.

RavenWitch17's avatar
Dec 18, 2021

So boring. Nothing makes sense and the story telling doesn't flow well. The FL is childish and the ML is a jerk. Wasted my time reading half of the released chapters hoping it would get better. It didnt.

Spikemare's avatar
Aug 4, 2022

This is a bit slow but honestly not a story I would take too seriously.  I would not read this expecting a serious storyline requiring lots of thought put into maneuvering social norms.  The MC gets into it easily and acknowledges that the world is pretty modern despite the story involving lots of nobility.  She is also acknowledged to have only existed in the world for one year and they fill you in via her education about the environment.  The ML did fall for her hard early but it makes sense as you get into the later chapters.  I would say it's pretty obvious when they explain what he is but every person catches on to different things differently.

This story is for people who want a light story that doesn't involve women fighting over men.  Conflicts aren't overly drawn out and the characters talk to each other pretty quickly to resolve issues that would normally take chapters to get through in your average nobility isekai.  The ML is married but they explain in the synopsis that it's a contract marriage of convenience.

The characters are pretty funny and aren't super deep.  The art style is also light and cute.  Very moderate overall.

MinKwonKwon's avatar
Mar 3, 2022

Honestly I don't understand what's going on. It feels as if I was dropped into the middle of season 3 of a tv show. So it's an iseaki. This is the character 3 life or 2nd I'm not sure didn't really explain things past something about a virgin ghost. Demon realm is basically like modern day but not modern day so I have no clue about the world. I have no idea about the characters. I don't understand how the magic works. I don't understand the lay out is demon and angel's. I don't understand why there is rankers. What are holograms are they auras or actual hologram. Honestly it's a if an ADHD child was fed meth and was telling me a story you hope question will be resolved but then you realize that they have not let you get. A word in about question so you just stare at the picture blankly.

Seriously it's interesting if you have no don't try to make sense.just let go give over to the 7 deadly sins because boy is anger going to hit you like a brick.