19 Days

Alt title: 19 Tian

Add review
Elfieeva's avatar
Apr 9, 2015

This manhua is beautiful, hilarious, relatable, nostalgic... I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at the fact that makes me laugh or makes my heart go doki doki every time I read it. Even my Mum (who thinks anime and manga are weird) thought that it was funny.

The story revolves around two initially unamed boys (who are later named Jian Yi and Zhan Zhenxi), presumably between the ages of 17-18. In actual fact, there is no plot as such. Rather, the manhua follows the boys' developing relationship and provides snippets into their lives at home and at school/college. A few panels will be connected, and then it will move on to another event. The artist's strong point is her line work as opposed to excessive focus on eyes or hair. She renders the human  body really well, and captures facial expressions and postures perfectly. There are hints of romance, sometimes more obvious and sometimes more subtle, but there haven't really been any moments so far where the romance has been reciprocated (e.g: one kissing the other and the other kissing back, saying 'I love you' etc) although there are kissing and holding hand scenes - but like I say, these motions aren't necessarily reciprocal.

I have rated the characters as 8 as I'd like to see more into what the brown-haired boy is thinking and his versions of memories etc, but as it is an ongoing work that may yet to be revealed.

Bottom line: read this to inject a bit of laughter and cuteness into your day :)

707greysouls's avatar
Jan 14, 2017

I've writted a review of It in my ig acc. If you wanna go and see It my acc is 707.greysouls.

Just wanted to say  that I'm very happy with this manhua. The art is amazing and I was in the story since the first second. The characters, (Jian Yi the most) are very shrouded in mystery.

It's fantastic, I suggest it.

cuyete's avatar
Mar 22, 2019

Comenzando acerca de la historia, es un 10/10 debiado a que nos estan contando desde el inicio que todo lo que nos esta mostrando Old xian es un fash back de Xixi. Partiendo desde ese punto la historia va bien, convina perfectamente una comedia con problemas personales como la sexualidad, violencia y familia. Sinceramente tengo mucho que decir pero simplemente no puedo resumirlo.

Los personajes son entrañables y los recordaras el resto de tu vida, podras ver cientos de Takanos-san y sientos de Misakis pero no creo que puedas comparar a la personalidad de estos chicos (tanto los principales como los secundarios ) Jian Yi y Xixi asi como He Tian y Mo Guan Shan. Ademas, el estilo de dibujo es unico, donde sea que este Old Xian podria reconocer ese estilo, sobre sale mucho tomando en cuenta que en la industria del yaoi tanto manga como manhwa siempre tiene un estilo muy generico, por eso es refrescante leer  algo nuevo como los manhwas chinos que tienen mucho que ofrecer a las grandes lectoras de BL como nosotras.

Solo queda decir que es un historia donde puedes hechar unas buenas risas como GAY GASP. Donde encuentras pequeñas historia que no pasan de 8 paginas por capitulo y que siempre te alegraran el dia.

Si aun no lo han leido... LEANLO :)

noxthe1's avatar
Feb 3, 2019

The art, the characters and their life, the story... Everything is beautiful. Its gives everything what we readers look for!

The chapters are short but simply beautiful.

Each character has their own beautiful different personality which compliments each other well. The chemistry between them is very good. T^T I'll always remember them, gosh.. This manga is everything!!

Go for it... It's worth it.

Dtc's avatar
Sep 23, 2018

im by no means a professional reviewer but I would like to share why I think this web-comic or whatever it is, is so fantastic.

firstly, the art. The creator draws this BL as if it were an action-comedy. Over the top gore, crazy escapades, serious expressions etc etc... this contrast just seems to fit so well along with the dull masculine colours and the cutesy 'shipping moments' and bromance.

next, the characters. They look hard as nails but get developed consistently throughout the story and aren't as 2d as they seem.... wha wah wah.... don't have much to say on them without spoiling, got some nice tsundere shit going on tho

lastly, the story. At the beginning, there are just pictures. No meaning, perhaps a little insight to their lives, then, The story at first progresses like a.. daily comic of sorts. No particular direction, just an event during the day (they literally start with 'one day...' at the top of the panel). Sometimes they may be simple, sometimes meaningful, sometimes they develop the plot or sometimes (almost always) we get a character development or a relationship development.

gradually, a story begins to form. Characters get meaning. Events start to be put into place. I really enjoyed this and I believe the author mentioned that it actually started as just art that they drew and they never expected a story to take shape like that

overall this is pretty good if you want something serious and actions but with comedy and bromance-turning into romance hehe. Also don't trust my ratings I honestly don't know what to put

if you want something similar '18 unlimited' is the way to go, can't stress this enough! they are so similar but so far it's more of a bromance, however the style of writing in the daily life sorta way and the comedy is all there 👍👍👌👌