17-sai. (Youji KAMATA) - Reviews

17-sai. (Youji KAMATA)
ComplainingQoheleth's avatar
Jan 31, 2014

Rape is a horrifying and horrifyingly common thing, it's (as far as I know) how I was born and all. The effects of psychological abuse (loss of self esteem, lasting trauma and a loss of trust in other people) are the same for the most part (I know this as I have suffered psychological abuse) and taking all of this into account I'm almost ashamed to be a man,almost,I refuse to accept any guilt for what I haven't done and what I genuinely think deserves a 90 year prison sentence, it scars someone for life so the criminal should go to jail for the rest of theirs. The feminists like to think that every man is a potential rapist but they never qualify this with "possible is not probable" so one can only assume that these people would really stoop so low as to tar about half of humanity with the rape feather to further their agenda which they claim is about equality but having acheived equality in almost everything except equal pay what they mean is abortion, divorce and the ruining of the male sex's reputation to get them. Just from reading the synopsis of this manga I knew it was a fictionalised rape, torture and murder of Junko Furuta, one of the most horrifying tales I have ever came across. I knew this manga wouldn't be a cheerful one to say the least but with 1 of the 4 volumes read I just had to get my thoughts out there even if only 1 other person besides myself ever reads this post. Edit: Luckily the girl survived and time is a great healer. We don't know what will happen with the culprits though.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Jun 11, 2021

*WARNING SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW PLEASE LOOK AWAY IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE MANGA*

So I found out about this manga by watching The Anime Man’s recent video “This DISTURBING Manga is Based on a REAL CRIME in Japan” this led me to check it out.

It’s obviously a very dark manga where it shows a schoolgirl being kidnapped by a group of despicable scum of the earth and her twin sister is desperate to find her. While this manga gave a happy ending by showing that the schoolgirl in this manga was saved by the sister, it was sadly not the case for Junko Furuta. The kid was killed and buried in a concrete drum like the sick twisted sons of b who did this, I hope to f that they suffer every single day while they are alive!

Don’t get me wrong I do applaud the mangaka for shedding light on a kidnapping case but I would have liked to have seen the characters more empathetic and serious when they notice that a crime was happening right in front of their eyes. Like it bothered me so much that everyone was just twiddling their thumbs and the fact that the schoolgirls twin sister was asking the perpetrators did they hurt her sister, which they obviously did! For real I wouldn’t be asking questions, I would get help the second I hear someone is really in trouble!

Yeah just don’t read this guys if you feel your stomach or heart can’t handle it, it’s definitely a gut wrenching experience for me while i read through the 36 chapters….