11:59 - Reviews

Alt title: 11-si 59-bunui Dangsinege

11:59
cheezit070's avatar
Mar 31, 2020

The story is extremely short, but it has a nice charm to it if you're looking for a quick read. The romance in 11:59 is quite cliché but it has a nice and simple concept of time traveling. The story doesn't drag on too much because of the number of chapters. 11:59 is a nice quick read!

Curiousmadra's avatar
Mar 30, 2020

Nice story , I wish it didn't end abruptly tho! -.-

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Jun 30, 2020

I mean, I guess it's nice that everything worked out, but with this type of plot it really makes me wonder how things would've turned out if Mokhwa had responded differently. You see, the time loop is dependent on not just the actions of one person, but on the actions of both people. I think that type of setting is inherently weaker than if only one person's actions mattered. In the actual version of events, both Choi Gyun and Mokwha's actions happen to line up and the story ends happily. But if their actions hadn't happened to line up (which is entirely plausible), would they have been trapped in a time-prison forever? That's pretty intense. And to me at least, the fact that the story happens to have the happy ending feels more like plot armor to prevent that Greek hellscape from occurring than the natural course of events. In fact, if I think about it, Mokhwa's attitude in the final chapter wasn't foreshadowed or hinted at--if anything, feir complete nonchalance when their fingers touched in the first chapter gave the opposite impression--which just makes the ending feel even more written and plot armor-y.

SensouJoshi's avatar
Jun 4, 2019

Cute. Especially the kitty.

The "Groundhog Day" plot is definately cliched as is the ex-bestie who secretly harboured feelings for his former friend. And yet, somehow, this story is still cute and worthy of a quick read. The addition of Yugi-oh cards and a semi-magical cat are interesting, even if the story's ending still leaves some mysteries unsolved.

This story is probably not going to climb to the top of anyone's favorites lists, but it has a certain charm.