Zombieland Saga

1. That's pretty clearly a dude's voice. You mean the youtuber is trans too? Oh. Now it makes sense.
2. Referring to 2D characters who identify as Male as traps isn't silly just because other people later used it as a transphobic slur especially when he proved that the term originated to mean femboys who could be mistaken for girls. I'm using it the way it was originally intended. The reason he thinks this is because later on it was also used to refer to trans people. That's what I think is silly because on one hand not all trans people are convincing and on the other being a trap should never be seen as a bad thing in my opinion. It's just a certain aesthetic.

So either way I fundamentally disagree with this video. The word trap works just fine to describe this type of character. But to suggest that people who use it are transphobic is something I'm particularly not going to stand for, for obvious reasons.
1. More condescending attitude towards transgender people. Insisting on calling her a dude and using "he". Classy.
2. So you are in the second category I mentioned and the sentence you quoted doesn't refer to you. Congratulations. You still seem to miss all the nuance though and try to insist on something that isn't. The reason she finds it silly is because acting like we're still living in a time where it has not become a slur or trying to change the meaning back to its original meaning is naive. Not because it has later become a slur. Is there anything else you need help with?
And still, she says that she finds people being in that latter category silly, not that they are transphobic. So stop acting so triggered.

So you are in the second category I mentioned and the sentence you quoted doesn't refer to you. Congratulations. You still seem to miss all the nuance though and try to insist on something that isn't. The reason she finds it silly is because acting like we're still living in a time where it has not become a slur or trying to change the meaning back to its original meaning is naive. Not because it has later become a slur. Is there anything else you need help with?
And still, she says that she finds people being in that latter category silly, not that they are transphobic. So stop acting so triggered
I guess I can understand that sentiment. Personally, the way I see it, in today's society everyone seems to have their own definitions for colloquial terms and culturally relevant phrases like all the -obias and -isms people get labeled with, where they really apply, so on and so forth. So it's not so silly for me to try to use a phrase that hasn't really been defined and is mostly used in different parts of meme culture in the way that I interpret it. As long as no one expects me to abide by their definitions of words when I don't agree with them, I think everything's gucci.

But though this video may have its "nuances" it is trying to proclaim that people are wrong for calling characters traps in certain ways. Its thumbnail certainly implies this and there's some subtle guilt tripping going on. So I disagree with it anyways.

But though this video may have its "nuances" it is trying to proclaim that people are wrong for calling characters traps in certain ways. Its thumbnail certainly implies this and there's some subtle guilt tripping going on. So I disagree with it anyways.
So, the content of the vid has nuances, but the thumbnail with the words "They aren't 'traps'" is wrong somehow. That's like saying "The content of the book is not wrong, but I'm offended by the title that gets argued for in the content that's not wrong!". But well, you've progressed a bit I guess, so whatever. I have no interest to get bogged down in such little details.

If we're going to be serving hot takes, I can tell you that none of these matter since she's the worst girl in Franchouchou.

She's not bad or anything, she's just the least good. Her heart thing is adorable, her death was funny and cute and her role on the rap was also pretty cute, but other than that I like the other designs and generic personalities more. I'll be honest, it's probably only the hair color, too bright of a blue, since her episode was pretty sad. Though, the song was pretty boring too (which is a huge factor in idol shows).

So, the content of the vid has nuances, but the thumbnail with the words "They aren't 'traps'" is wrong somehow. That's like saying "The content of the book is not wrong, but I'm offended by the title that gets argued for in the content that's not wrong!". But well, you've progressed a bit I guess, so whatever. I have no interest to get bogged down in such little details.
Glad to know I have improved in your eyes shinshinshin senpai

Hoh I need more

he's so pretty

there manager guy is really random and strange. i wonder what the actual demographic for people who watch this show would actually be.

his demographic would be studs whose names start with the letter F and end with ranconator by which I mean ME and oh you were talking about the show RIGHT OKAY MOVING ON

uc

2NHZh.jpg

tJcRSMB.jpg

When your crew want to be tough, but you're actually a bunch of no weight anime girls.

Not to mention they were all animated with single frames, shouts to my brother, the ex-animator in the family, for educating me on the toughness of single-framed animation.

Anyway, can they be called zombies if they are biting people and they aren't transforming to zombies? Or will they transform later?

Maybe the twist is that they transform everyone they "bite" into Franchouchou fans.

Episode 9:

2NJ19.jpg

BACK-UP WHAT BACK-UP YOU'RE LITERALLY THE ONLY POLICEMAN SAGA HAS YOU DUMBFUCK jk I love you man

Let it be known here and now that yaboi, Franconator, absolutely loves delinquents. Absolutely loves 'em. Can't get enough of their swagger and mating calls of "HAAA?!" and squat-sits on the pavements. Biker girls are no exception, and it's a damn shame too, since I'd really like it even more if biker girls got to spend more time in the delinquent spotlight. Those girls are badass, for real.

But oh no, oh no no no no no, Franco's bored with the newest Zombieland Saga episode again, looks like nothing will ever be able to top the fun that was Lily's death by the shock of puberty, RIP. There were some nice, funny moments here, for sure, like Saki's "crash face-first into all yo motorbikes" entrance, her topsy-turvy game face to the initial showdown, and her bromance with her right-hand-turned-single mama. The moral of living your life with GUTS!! felt rushed and squeezed in last-minute, but I admit all the fancy explosions were nearly enough to make up for that. That, and the random ?! and !! sound effects they used here.

2NJ2K.jpg

Live your life with so much GUTS!! that you bring a motherfucking chainsaw to a motherfucking turf war.

Manager Kotarou's at his best when he's soccer-dadding and yelling at all his ZOMBIEEES to shut the fuck up and behave, not when he becomes some kind of serious mentor for them. This really ain't it, chief, although that "moozik, cammon" made me lose my shit. Don't worry, you rotten bastard, I still love you.

Also pictured below: someone Franconator will never stop loving.

2NJ17.jpg

This is the face of someone who gives no fucks, absolutely none at all, much like how Saki gave no fucks by dying a fiery death once again and forcing her best friend to relive her trauma. But hey, at least her solo's a banger!

9 lol I liked this episode but I'm a bit put off to comment on this show now that its apparently some kind of "symbol of the trans community" on twitter. Kinda hard to keep liking it.
Well, I can't say I'm too surprised, seeing how little representation transgender people have in anime that isn't played for a joke.

Ep 8

I had to make this

Kudos for making me laugh more than the show did in 9 episodes.

Referring to 2D characters who identify as Male as traps isn't silly
Exactly. You can freely call Nagisa and others like him a trap, because he identifies as a guy. He just happens to look like a girl, but he will correct people who think he is one. That's the difference. Whereas Lily here identifies as a girl, acts like a girl, looks like a girl, and is a girl pretty much in every way, and if she didn't have the big/subtle reveal that she wasn't born as one, you'd never know. It isn't played for a joke or fanservice here.

If she were a dude I'd say she's definitely overcompensating for something.

Anyway, this episode was decent.
The delinquent drama wasn't anything special, but watching it played out by a stereotypically cute anime girls was an amusing juxtaposition to the mostly seriously story.

tJcRSMB.jpg

When your crew want to be tough, but you're actually a bunch of no weight anime girls.

The explosion at the end was fuckin' ridiculous. That bike must have been full of TNT.

We need more cute/moe anime girls acting like they're tough ass yankees.

Also how you intimidate someone like a boss:

rAgCCSi.jpg

YOU C DIS UPSIDE DOWN HEAD DAWGS? DON'T MESS WIT ME. It was a pretty okay episode, and the saki song at the end was actually good.

Last edited:
Episode 7

I agree with Tae.

Box fort, nothing is breaking through that.

I don't have much to say about drama shit.

DUMBASS ZOMBIE FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF

I still want beatboxing rap zombies dropping a phat beat.

If you eat those mushrooms growing from a zombie's head, would you die violently, slowly or rapid decay as the zombie virus brutally mauls you from the inside out.

Zombie bodies are really fragile, but they can attach themselves back together like lego.

PRODUCER KICK

She ded.
Again.
Super ded.

Heart to heart talk.
Remember 28 Weeks Later's opening? How it was so much better than the actual movie? That shit was dope. He was faced with the most brutal decision, he had no way to fight the zombie and coming into contact with it would definitely mean him contracting the virus. Leaving his family behind, frantically running to the docks and that sick song playing to complete it; it was parodied perfectly in the Boondocks. Leaving everybody behind so you can live, singing "I lived, and you died. I lived and you diiiied, whoo!" or something along the lines is the way to go. At least you're alive. And that isn't even mentioning how awesome 28 Days Later's opening was. Waking up to a dead world, yelling out hello without realizing how scary fast as fuck zombies are. And that yelling was done in Gorillaz's M1 A1. That song also had a lesser version of Clint Eastwood as the backend.

This song is always dope as fuck.

That shou- it actually might fit her.

That is one massive mansion, must be an estate of sorts.

Girl got game! Leaping the fence in a single bound.

Vehicular manslaughter! Comedy! And she got some sick air to boot.

She ded.
Again again.

As an idol, you need to flex it, getting hit by a car aint't shit.

Showa by Rock, suddenly thought of that.

Heartwarming moment and then the spray.

Must be her old group headlining it. But isn't the Headliner on last for the finale?

The fuck is this traditional animated idol shit? Where my 3D Vocaloid waifu shit at.

Gotta admire that coordination.

They should really drop a bomb ass rap metal nu-OH SHIT THIS HARD ROCK BRING BACK THE GUITAR

Tae giving no fucks as usual.

Love how she struggled to get her heart back in.

BUST A MOVE

OH SHIT SON TAE SPOKE A WORD AND SHIT

SHE IS GROWLING AND MOANING WORDS AND SHIT

THIS IS A FAR DIFFERENT SHOW FROM WHEN IT WAS METAL ZOMBIE IDOLS AND SHIT

SHE EVEN HAS SUBTITLES

THIS IS SOME CRAZY ASS SHIT SON

IT IS RAINING CATS AND DOGS I HOPE PEOPLE BROUGHT UNBRELLAS

Man, fuck these cucks leaving, hope they catch their fucking death out there.
By that, I mean they should wash away in a ditch.

OH FUCKING SHIT SON THE METAL DUDES ARE BACK THIS IS MY SHIT

They're nervous you fucking shitbags

GIVE HER YOUR POWER METAL DUDES

That vocaloid shit is my shit son

That is a massive fucking blast of lightning. Fucking. Massive.

THIS IS SOME FUCKING METAL ASS SHIT SON
FUCKING ZAPPED AND SHIT AND THEY LIVE WITH SOME BOMB ASS VOCAL CHANGING

ELECTRONICA AUTO-TUNE SHIT THIS SOME T.I. SHIT RIGHT HERE STRAIGHT AUTOTUNED LIKE THUGNIFICENT'S ALBUM "FROM BITCHES TO RAGS"

Metal dudes crying, it was the most moving performace.

The ending was glorious. It was an amusing episode despite all the drama. and a comeback of two of my favorite dudes in the show apart from Tae.

Well, I can't say I'm too surprised, seeing how little representation transgender people have in anime that isn't played for a joke.
Wait, I thought it was played for a joke?
lily dies via shock at growing hair. Seemed pretty silly to me
Not to argue I just thought maybe I'm misinterpreting here

This episode gives Zombieland Saga a clear lead in my personal "Best Anime of the Season". I was sad during episode 8 but I was thrilled watching Episode 9. Saki is just a fun character to watch and the gap moe of her being so rough but being an idol is fuuuuuun.
Also, also, I really appreciate that these solo focus songs are avoiding CGI.

Ep. 10,
talk about a case of deja vu with Sakura getting hit by the car. Sucks just when she was developing as a character. So I guess the next episode will focus on her overcoming her amnesia I think?

Episode 10:

Someone really needs to teach this dumbass to look both ways before crossing the road.

Can we just get an episode of Tae escaping the mansion and causing chaos? Please and thank you.
Yes. To all of this. Especially the Tae episode. In fact, I kinda want it to be treated like the animal companion episode that's just following her and no one else and we only see the others when they find her / she comes home at the end.

Back