Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Truth101, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Truth101

Truth101 New Member

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou[sadhl=2265]zoku-natsume-yuujinchou[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Well I finished the three episodes that are currently out, and I'm enjoying it as much as the first season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Lyzl

Lyzl New Member

Posted by Lyzl on Jan 25, 2009
    Re: Zoku Natsume Yujin Chou

Pretty much directly picks up from the first season. It's a really gentle anime, relaxing to watch. Animation quality went up this season too.

3. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jan 25, 2009
    Re: Zoku Natsume Yujin Chou

The first ep made me laugh a lot. Such a great anime!! :D

4. Truth101

Truth101 New Member

Episode 6

Just finished watching Episode 6

Been a while since they've shown a Two Part story, and I have to say it was worth the wait.

Ah new Super Kawaii :love: Girl has appeared, and has something in Common with Natsume. I Wonder what it could be :P (Is it just me or does she look like Reiko a bit?)

Anyways I'm hoping we see her more in the episodes to come!

5. Truth101

Truth101 New Member

Episode 7

Such a great Episode.
    I really like how as the series progress Natsume learns how to trust people more, and how he slowly learns that Youkai don't make him misreable and he enjoys having them around.

Also this episode showed a bit of Natsume's reckless side when he attacked the Youkai all of a sudden in the cave.

I'm also hoping that Taki shows up in later episodes I really like her character design, and she Complements Natsume well.

I have to say Haven't had an episode with this much enjoyment factor in a while ( Not that the others aren't enjoyable, and I mean both parts of the Story)

Comment more people!!!

6. teferi

teferi New Member

Posted by teferi on Feb 17, 2009
    Didn't Natsume kind of tell her off? Not too sure but that's what it seemed like when she told him she'd help him whenever he needed it.

Meh. I find it hilarious that natsume can randomly fend off giant youkai like the one here with a piece of a wood ^^;

Hoping he'll finally get around to not being such a weakling, his dependence on sensei is kind of annoying. Because he can randomly show a little strength and beat down some youkai, but whenever he gets in a pinch he has to get sensei to help him.

Although learning to trust and enjoy the company of youkai really isn't his problem; imo he's having more trouble learning to trust humans. Think that's why his relationship with Kana (especially since she's a person that can't see youkai but believes in them) is more important.

7. Tanoshii

Tanoshii New Member

I really love this show. Even though there has been very little progression as far as returning Youkai names, its still great each week.

The only negative point for me is that alot of episodes leave you kinda feeling sad, or sorry for Natsume. :(

Hope there's a season 3!

8. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Well-Known Member

Episode 4:

The one with the egg and the 'chick'.
    Tama-chan is too cute! A very basic story, but still lovely. Probably one of the my favourite episodes.

9. VivisQueen

Episode 5:

Wow, Reiko was an awesome girl! How she dove into the lake to get that hairpin. I like her, I wish the show was more about her.

I like how this season feels more humorous. The comedy is great. ^_^

Episode 6:

Ooooh, an episode that is going to cross over into the next! Awesome. Maybe a more linear plot is kicking in or something. Although I don't mind the current state of affairs. This was a very enjoyable episode, and again, the comedy makes it. Do you guys know if there was a new director for this season? Because the previous one wasn't so humorous.

Oh, and he's got a moustache and a big face!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Episode 7:

That was super-good!!! It was nice to get something quite dark and frightening for once. Man, this show is totally delightful. And I love the ending theme so much.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  10. BTime

BTime Guest

Posted by BTime on Apr 10, 2009
    Over the past year, this is one of the few shows that I find to be truly entertaining. Too bad this falls under most people's radar. Highly recommended.

11. VivisQueen

Episode 10:

I can't describe how much I've been charmed by this show. It's so beautiful and touching. So delicate, so light, so soul-purifyingly good. And with the ending theme... *gentle sigh*

Ending:

What a great episode the last two were! Nice to find they were a bit more linked up in this season. Hmmm... hopefully, my review does it justice. As always, it's been a pleasure, Natsume Yuujinchou. ^_^

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  12. Szwagier

Szwagier Member

Learned from my 1st season experience this time I decided to wait and watch it in one go - was so damn good :O While the characters that were background in 1st season were hidden even more, finally some rose up to become "supporting cast". Taki and Natori are doing the job really well, and Touki and her husband became more active as well.
    Also in comparison to s1 this season was more solid, focusing on Natsume being between pro-youkai and anti-youkai factions, instead of just his encounters with various youkais (though there was plenty of that as well)
    The only thing this season lacked was the small fox youkai from the first season :P He was so damn cute (though in that factor Snow bunny possesed by guardian spirit wins I guess :P)
    All in all this was extremely enjoyable 6 hours :]

13. VivisQueen

Haha! My thoughts exactly. I think one of the best additions was the more prominent comedy. It just made me like the characters all the more.

14. rapture

rapture Guest

This is such a great series. I wonder if they'll make another season (probably not).

Last Episode:
    Kai was so sweet. It's too bad that he ran off without hearing Natsume's explanation. I like how Tanuma and Taki stayed around to help. I wish they revealed more about Reiko and Nyanko-sensei.

That snow bunny was ridiculously cute.

15. VivisQueen

Honestly? I think they will make another season. They made a second, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't come even close to resolving the main issues e.g. Natsume's confidence in the world, Nyanko actually being more than a sidekick, the mystery behind the Book of Friends. Nothing has yet properly climaxed. Still very explorative, but damned fun. So yeah, third season ftw!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  16. Lyzl

Lyzl New Member

Posted by Lyzl on Apr 15, 2009
    you mean third season vivis? ^^

Was an excellent series, although I wish more of the plot was actually connected together, but I don't really want to watch a third season to see it all happen.

17. Szwagier

Szwagier Member

Well considering the manga on which this is based is ongoing I'd guess they'll make a third season once they have enough material to work with :]

18. VivisQueen

YAAAAAAY! :smile: